• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Driver/Benchmark Review Thread

Caporegime
It would be cool if a couple of you lazy punk AMD owners would do a bench test on a few games at 1080P :) I am off for 2 weeks next week and will do some single screen testing with fraps showing min/avg/max fps on a 1200 second. Bench.

Soldato
Anyone knows when 12.9 WHQL would be out? I need the powerplay glitch on 12.8 for my 5850 fixed, but don't really want to go from 12.8 to 12.9 Beta...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll run at stock and an average high oc (1200/1600) on the latest drivers, have plenty of games so give me a heads up on what you want to see and I'll get them installed.

Soldato
Pretty good increase since 11.12 and we see the speed fps wise wont go up that much more. new tech arc and now they need to finetune and optimize it.
38 vs 48 fps in bf3 since 11.12 is a good increase 25%.
One can also take note of the 30fps increase in batman thats like a new extra card.

Caporegime
I'll run at stock and an average high oc (1200/1600) on the latest drivers, have plenty of games so give me a heads up on what you want to see and I'll get them installed.

BF3 (64 MP would be cool) Crysis 2...Those sort of games. This would be cool for comparing the 2 GPU's from users perspectives and not dodgy paid for sites.

C64

C64

Soldato
12.9 still needs some fixes I for one am occasionally getting "windows explorer has stopped working" under 12.9 100% is the driver as it doesn't happen at all on 12.8 but 12.8 I get occasional hard lock.So to say 12.9 is all rosy just isn't true and Ati really need to pull their finger out and get it fixed or more and more will jump the sinking ship.

I have searched about a bit and seems many others are getting windows explorer crashes on 12.9 if the next 2 drivers don't fix my issues i shall be going nvidia I am fed up now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
12.9 still needs some fixes I for one am occasionally getting "windows explorer has stopped working" under 12.9 100% is the driver as it doesn't happen at all on 12.8 but 12.8 I get occasional hard lock.So to say 12.9 is all rosy just isn't true and Ati really need to pull their finger out and get it fixed or more and more will jump the sinking ship.

I have searched about a bit and seems many others are getting windows explorer crashes on 12.9 if the next 2 drivers don't fix my issues i shall be going nvidia I am fed up now.

It's 12.9 BETA ;)

Soldato
Anyone care to assist my laziness and point me towards the latest betas?

Game list so far:

Batman Arkham City
BF3 (64 player open map & operation sword-breaker)
COD: BO/MW3 (what would a benchmark thread be without testing an ancient engine?)
Crysis 2 (with HD texture pack)
Dirt 3/showdown (either or)
Dishonored
TESV: Skyrim (vanilla)
Just Cause 2 (has some lovely in-built benchmarking)
Mafia II
Metro 2033
Saints row III
Sleeping Dogs

Gregster and anyone else willing to participate (would love some 7800 and 660/Ti users to join in) could you add me on steam/origin/battlelog - pgi947 so we can sort out a settings base line for each game. Any games I've missed or you'd like added/removed just say the word. I'll also see about getting a 'benchmarks' sticky too.

Edit: Cleee has faster internet than me, he can do the games I'd have to download :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom