Next gen Consoles Vs PC?

Gangster
Associate
Wassup forum, I got a question/topic

Basically this current gen of consoles DO NOT support 1080p resolution natively, majority of the games are at 30FPS. which is currently the main reason PC fanboys state this in flame wars e.t.c for e.g "xbox sucks Pc 60fps and resolution above 1080p"

Now in the next gen consoles, games will be 1080p native, 3D ready, and at 60 fps. Now as long as the graphics look visually pleasing (not expecting ultra settings) Is there/whats the point gaming on a PC?

You see where im coming from?

of course on PC you can play on higher resolutions but consider the average joe will be more then satisfied with the 1080p.

Reason why I made this topic is because some rumours have been spreading on the web about BF4 on the next gen consoles, 64 player online, 60fps. So apart from controls higher resolutions and graphics, will the new next gen consoles be a good option for the PC guys at a MUCH cheaper price, Also there are rumours that microsoft and Sony might come out with Mouse and keyboard support with the new consoles. So making the "PC got better control" arguments Useless?

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A "FANBOY". I like All the gaming platforms/own all of them, just want people opinions on the next gen consoles and IF they will be getting them.

Soldato
PC is better for FPS, MMO and RTS. It depends what kind of games you play.

Next-gen consoles will bring better graphics for all. Maybe better ports? It's a mystery.

Associate
personally i think that even with next gen consoles it will be pretty much as it is now in that some games will lend themselves to consoles better (racing, 3rd person rpg's) whereas other games will be lend themselves to pc better (FPS, 1st person rpg, RTS)

Also popcorn.jpg and canofworms.jpg

Gangster
Associate
Nope, graphics will still be crap compared to PC if rumours that the new consoles will have cards comparable to the 7770.

Console gamers really have no clue what AA is ;)

Who cares? I would rather play games on my xbox with my real friends instead of playing pc games with nerdy 'friends' you don't even know from Netherlands etc.

Graphics aren't everything, thats why pc gaming is dead.

Soldato
Sure we do. Infact, I go every week due to being unable to deal with not having an awesome PC.

Who cares? I would rather play games on my xbox with my real friends instead of playing pc games with nerdy 'friends' you don't even know from Netherlands etc.

Graphics aren't everything, thats why pc gaming is dead.

Fair enough, but the fact remains that there are some people who like graphics, which the PC is vastly superior for. There's on doubting that consoles will be the budget option for the majority of people and will have a much larger user base. I'm just saying there are advantages and disadvantages To both.

Gangster
Associate
OP
please DO NOT MAKE THIS INTO A FLAME WAR, this is a mature forum, just want opinions no bashing on certain platforms please (nintendo wii dosent count as a gaming sytstem... so bash away xD)

Associate
please DO NOT MAKE THIS INTO A FLAME WAR, this is a mature forum, just want opinions no bashing on certain platforms please (nintendo wii dosent count as a gaming sytstem... so bash away xD)

Trouble is by starting this thread the flame war is inevitable.

Personally I will probably still have PC and some form of console so will have best of both worlds

Soldato

To answer your main question abut whether PCs will become obsolete, I don't think so. There's always a space for PC gaming. As for price, I don't really think that should come into it considering most console gamers have a PC too which brings pricing pretty close. As I said, PCs will be costlier but have considerably better graphics and consoles will be accessible for many more people. It completely depends on what you want. Also, it depends in what your friends have too :)

Soldato
Fair enough, but the fact remains that there are some people who like graphics, which the PC is vastly superior for. There's on doubting that consoles will be the budget option for the majority of people and will have a much larger user base. I'm just saying there are advantages and disadvantages To both.
Unquestionably, PC's will always be more advance graphically than consoles, due to it being so much easier. I just don't mind about the graphical qualities as long as the game is good.

If I could, I would have a full on high spec PC, but i'd still play the console over it.

Caporegime
rumours have been spreading on the web about BF4 on the next gen consoles, 64 player online, 60fps.
so whats the point of buying a next gen console if they arent really next gen?

we already have pcs that can do bf4 on 64player servers with over 200fps @5920x1050

Gangster
Associate
OP
Hmm, I read a rumour this week that a dev kit PS4 was running an AMD A10 apu. Reasonably capable, especially when it isnt having to deal with Windows, but hardly earth-shattering.

YEH MATE I READ THAT TOO!, its called project orus, something with an O, The APU has a intergrated GPU, but what the rumor didnt state was if it was going to have a dedicated GPU.

Sony didnt state anything about another GPu or just having the intergrated u as the GPU option..

Soldato
so whats the point of buying a next gen console if they arent really next gen?

we already have pcs that can do bf4 on 64player servers with over 200fps @5920x1050

That's a great big investment.

So you have PCs which are bigger money but better, and consoles which are cheap and accessible but nowhere near as powerful, modable, blah blah.

Pick one. Or both. Do what makes you happy.

Soldato
YEH MATE I READ THAT TOO!, its called project orus, something with an O, The APU has a intergrated GPU, but what the rumor didnt state was if it was going to have a dedicated GPU.

Sony didnt state anything about another GPu or just having the intergrated u as the GPU option..
Orbis, I can't see the sense in sourcing an APU then adding a discrete GPU to go with it, but you never know.
I do know that, from the rumours, Sony want at least 1080p60 in 3D.....not sure how well the AMD chip would cope, but then I havent had much to do with AMD for a few years so I may be wrong :)

oh oh! and WASD!

Back
Top Bottom