should i report this (facebook) person

Associate
ok here the story so far, i belive this person is at best a scammer at worst a prostitute here is what i know so far

last week as i went to bed i clicked a accept button for a facebook friend, in the morning there was a message from her asking me to message her back asap, i went and looked at her facebook profile i saw she had 3 attractive but total tasteful photos,
that she was from Canada
but that she had very few friends, none of them from canada, none of them women

i thought this was very odd to start with.

later in the week she contact me, i started chatting with her, now i know from where she said she was from english would be her first language not french, but chatting with her and the way she answered my question i got the feeling that she only knew basic english as if it was her second language, also the chat was like following a script ie i would ask her a question she would answer in a very basic way then ask me a question, i would then ask her somthing total unrelated to what she was asking, she give a basic answer then move back on to her line of question.

once the question got of a personal nature i ended the chat, and barred her from chatting to me

how ever ive been messing around with my new phone and with installing the facebook apt i some how unbarred her

today i got a chat message from her, it was a nice chat, basicly asking what i was doing, i asked what she was doing, the chat came round to the fact i had got myself some new clothes over the weekend, she said she love some new clothes, i said as a joke (used a smiley face) that had she been closer to me (as in the same country not canada ) i could have got her somthing at the weekend, which she said "why dont you send me the money then and ill buy somthing" at first i thought she was joking but as the chat went on it came clear that she wasnt, in fact she said that if i sent her some money she would buy some sexy clothes and send me photos of her wearing them. and that point i ended the chat.

now she hasn't a hope in hell of me sending her money, hell my RL GF even says that to get money out of me she has to work hard to get it, and i could simply unfriend her and bar her from chatting with me, but what about the next guy who might be sad and lonely enough to give her money, should i report her to facebook or am i to worried about what she at.

Soldato
Why are you even having those sort of conversations with some random when you've already got a lady?

If she finds out, you deserve all you get really.

Man of Honour
There are tons of profiles like this on facebook - just learn to identify them and don't even accept the friend request.

One of the funniest ones (from my perspective) is a profile thats probably for a dating site or similiar of a "local" girl that has apparently worked in reception for the last 5 years at my dads company (guessing they picked a random local company from google maps) I know for a fact no such person works there or has worked there :D

EDIT: Its actually a bit spooky tho obviously a google scrape, as this "person" is in all the right school groups, etc. on facebook, mentions local hangouts on their about me section (tho they are direct quotations that can be found from a google search of the town) but otherwise has an online persona that could realistically be a person of that age from this town.

Last edited:
Soldato
Your thoughts of protecting the next guy are noble but reporting her would make very little difference. Even if her FB account was banned she could simply reregister.

Just move on.

Caporegime
ok here the story so far, i belive this person is at best a scammer at worst a prostitute here is what i know so far

last week as i went to bed i clicked a accept button for a facebook friend, in the morning there was a message from her asking me to message her back asap, i went and looked at her facebook profile i saw she had 3 attractive but total tasteful photos,
that she was from Canada
but that she had very few friends, none of them from canada, none of them women

i thought this was very odd to start with.

later in the week she contact me, i started chatting with her, now i know from where she said she was from english would be her first language not french, but chatting with her and the way she answered my question i got the feeling that she only knew basic english as if it was her second language, also the chat was like following a script ie i would ask her a question she would answer in a very basic way then ask me a question, i would then ask her somthing total unrelated to what she was asking, she give a basic answer then move back on to her line of question.

once the question got of a personal nature i ended the chat, and barred her from chatting to me

how ever ive been messing around with my new phone and with installing the facebook apt i some how unbarred her

today i got a chat message from her, it was a nice chat, basicly asking what i was doing, i asked what she was doing, the chat came round to the fact i had got myself some new clothes over the weekend, she said she love some new clothes, i said as a joke (used a smiley face) that had she been closer to me (as in the same country not canada ) i could have got her somthing at the weekend, which she said "why dont you send me the money then and ill buy somthing" at first i thought she was joking but as the chat went on it came clear that she wasnt, in fact she said that if i sent her some money she would buy some sexy clothes and send me photos of her wearing them. and that point i ended the chat.

now she hasn't a hope in hell of me sending her money, hell my RL GF even says that to get money out of me she has to work hard to get it, and i could simply unfriend her and bar her from chatting with me, but what about the next guy who might be sad and lonely enough to give her money, should i report her to facebook or am i to worried about what she at.

I'd report yourself to your girlfriend. What's wrong with you?

Associate
OP
[FnG]magnolia;23255222 said:
I'd report yourself to your girlfriend. What's wrong with you?

my GF and I are having a great laught over it, yea as pointed out if i do report her she can simply setup another dummy account and try and find some sad guy to send her money, ill jsut bar her from my account.

thanks all

Caporegime

Good god,lol.

Back
Top Bottom