• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RadeonPro Must have Program for AMD

Soldato
Hello any AMD users here use RadeonPro? The program is superb and feature rich :)

- New: Dynamic Vsync Control (DVC) support. This feature controls how vertical synchronization is applied at rendering time, automatically turning it off when frame rate is below monitor's refresh rate to reduce stuttering and turning it on when framerate is above or equal to monitor's refresh rate, improving smoothness.
- New: DVC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+HOME key
- New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.
- New: DFC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+END key
- New: DFC feature's frame rate target is adjustable in real time, press SHIFT+INSERT to increase the limit and SHIFT+DELETE to decrease it
- New: Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate. This feature limits internal frame rendering times accordingly to refresh rate (i.e. 60 Hz = 16.67 ms) instead of waiting vertical retrace.

Release Notes - 03/29/2013 – New build 1.1.1.0
http://www.radeonpro.info/changelog/

Coming Soon RP 2.0
New and improved features

Completely redesigned UI.
New profile management with master (template) profiles, meaning you can create a template profile (let’s say SMAA Ultra and DVC is active) and name it like SMAA+DVC, after that it’s possible to assign those template profiles for any game profile that will inherit all settings from the master profile along with own game profile’s settings.
New profile assignments: a profile is no longer linked to an executable like in RP 1.xx making possible to share a single profile among several games.
Improved monitoring now catches games executed as admin so games started by launchers with elevated privileges will also be detected.
Movie recording function does not lock the framerate automatically so it’s possible to record at 30 FPS and still play at 60 FPS.
CPU clock/temperatures/load(%) and RAM usage can be displayed in OSD.
Improved media organization: movies, screenshots and benchmarks are now categorized and grouped by game and can be browsed and viewed right from infinity’s UI.
Cloud storage functions allow easy sharing of screenshots. Also, all games profiles can be uploaded to the cloud and can be synchronized with other computers owned by you.
The RadeonPro Support Service is no longer used.

Stuff going to be added soon

Mobile app with complete monitoring: FPS and GPU/CPU monitoring + graphical charts of current running game.
Live adjustments of post-processing effects including SweetFX settings using the app. Users will also be able to download profiles made available from other RadeonPro Community users and apply those profiles from the app without leaving the game. Of course not all settings can be applied without a game restart, but most post-processing effects will be in effect right after the profile is loaded up from the app.
Movie recording with real time AVC/H.264 encoding by GPU using AMD’s VCE (up to 1080p) – I already got the encoding working on GPU and it’s fast, but need to change the container format to MKV as AVI doesn’t play well with AVC/H.264 and that should take some extra time. About VCE, the only downside is the encoding size which will be limited to 1920×1080 and that’s a bit sad…
Live adjustments of post-processing effects via infinity’s in-game overlay.

New and improved features
Completely redesigned UI.
New profile management with master (template) profiles, meaning you can create a template profile (let’s say SMAA Ultra and DVC is active) and name it like SMAA+DVC, after that it’s possible to assign those template profiles for any game profile that will inherit all settings from the master profile along with own game profile’s settings.
New profile assignments: a profile is no longer linked to an executable like in RP 1.xx making possible to share a single profile among several games.
Improved monitoring now catches games executed as admin so games started by launchers with elevated privileges will also be detected.
Movie recording function does not lock the framerate automatically so it’s possible to record at 30 FPS and still play at 60 FPS.
CPU clock/temperatures/load(%) and RAM usage can be displayed in OSD.
Improved media organization: movies, screenshots and benchmarks are now categorized and grouped by game and can be browsed and viewed right from infinity’s UI.
Cloud storage functions allow easy sharing of screenshots. Also, all games profiles can be uploaded to the cloud and can be synchronized with other computers owned by you.
The RadeonPro Support Service is no longer used.
Stuff going to be added soon
Mobile app with complete monitoring: FPS and GPU/CPU monitoring + graphical charts of current running game.
Live adjustments of post-processing effects including SweetFX settings using the app. Users will also be able to download profiles made available from other RadeonPro Community users and apply those profiles from the app without leaving the game. Of course not all settings can be applied without a game restart, but most post-processing effects will be in effect right after the profile is loaded up from the app.
Movie recording with real time AVC/H.264 encoding by GPU using AMD’s VCE (up to 1080p) – I already got the encoding working on GPU and it’s fast, but need to change the container format to MKV as AVI doesn’t play well with AVC/H.264 and that should take some extra time. About VCE, the only downside is the encoding size which will be limited to 1920×1080 and that’s a bit sad…
Live adjustments of post-processing effects via infinity’s in-game overlay.

Screenshots From RadeonPro 2.0

If you use an AMD card I highly recommend using this Program, even if its just for the Vsync option.

Beta Release - Current build:
1.1.1.0 13/Apr/2013
http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

Game Tweaks
Fifa force 120hz
With-out RP

With RP forced 120hz

Force any game witch don't support Vsync for example Metro 2033
Force games witch don't support Ambient Occlusion for example TF2 or CSGO

Last edited:
Soldato
It's brilliant, the fact you can set your overclock and for it to use max clocks when gaming to a profile for that game is most useful, also contains SweetFX (also works in DX11 mode in FC3) and FXAA and SMAA injectors too.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It is good but surely they should put all the pros of this 3rd party software into their drivers already!

I mean how hard is it to fix Skyrims Vsync issues? Its basically unplayable unless usiing Radeon Pro to fix the stuttering.

Also theres no Force Vsync with CCC while you can with Radeon Pro, basic things like this were in Nvidia control panel years ago! AMD need step it up with their drivers and CCC in general.

Soldato
It is good but surely they should put all the pros of this 3rd party software into their drivers already!

I mean how hard is it to fix Skyrims Vsync issues? Its basically unplayable unless usiing Radeon Pro to fix the stuttering.

Also theres no Force Vsync with CCC while you can with Radeon Pro, basic things like this were in Nvidia control panel years ago! AMD need step it up with their drivers and CCC in general.

If it wasn't for RadeonPro I would never consider purchasing an AMD GPU. The basic features in the CCC are so lackluster I can only assume AMD really don't have a clue.

• No way to force vsync, the standard vsync options do not always work.
  • No way to setup an FPS limit
  • No way to force triple buffering in DX games. Seriously AMD, only triple buffering for OpenGL, cuz tha's a popular API :rolleyes:

While Nvidia does have better options the use of Nvidiainspector is still essential IMHO, but at least without it you still have far more control than the lackluster AMD options.

NOTE: This is not a dig at AMD drivers, it is a dig at AMD options.

Caporegime
If it wasn't for RadeonPro I would never consider purchasing an AMD GPU. The basic features in the CCC are so lackluster I can only assume AMD really don't have a clue.

• No way to force vsync, the standard vsync options do not always work.
  • No way to setup an FPS limit
  • No way to force triple buffering in DX games. Seriously AMD, only triple buffering for OpenGL, cuz tha's a popular API :rolleyes:

While Nvidia does have better options the use of Nvidiainspector is still essential IMHO, but at least without it you still have far more control than the lackluster AMD options.

NOTE: This is not a dig at AMD drivers, it is a dig at AMD options.

• Force vSync: yes it does.
  • Force triple buffering: Again, yes
  • setup an FPS limit: no not yet
On the last one i'm sure someone at AMD will say "hey, we should have that" soon. :)

Associate
I use D3DOverrider. It can force v-sync and tripple buffering. Will Radeon Pro offer anything new to the table?

EDIT: Just tried RadeonPro. Let's just say, I've donated $20 to the developer.

Also, what injector provides the best quality to performance hit ratio? The SMAA or FXAA injector?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I use D3DOverrider. It can force v-sync and tripple buffering. Will Radeon Pro offer anything new to the table?

EDIT: Just tried RadeonPro. Let's just say, I've donated $20 to the developer.

Also, what injector provides the best quality to performance hit ratio? The SMAA or FXAA injector?

I would say SMAA offer best IQ and FXAA best performance worst IQ.
Give dynamic vsync ago mate superb.
Setup a new game profile and enable dynamic and then switch of the games vsync and enjoy superb smoothness :)

Associate
I would say SMAA offer best IQ and FXAA best performance worst IQ.
Give dynamic vsync ago mate superb.
Setup a new game profile and enable dynamic and then switch of the games vsync and enjoy superb smoothness :)
I tried dynamic vsync and it does improve smoothness, but I still notice screen tearing when the FPS dips below 60 as a result of the v-sync being disabled by RadeonPro. I just tell RadeonPro to force Vsync and I get no more screen tearing below 60FPS. ;)

Soldato
OP
I tried dynamic vsync and it does improve smoothness, but I still notice screen tearing when the FPS dips below 60 as a result of the v-sync being disabled by RadeonPro. I just tell RadeonPro to force Vsync and I get no more screen tearing below 60FPS. ;)

Not notice any Screen tear yet. Tested on BF3/Hitman and CSGO all run very good.
With Hitman and the games vsync and on some missions when FPS drops i get frame stutter, but with Dynamic I dont get any stutter even when frames drop.

Associate

Surely if you are forcing V-Sync thats just the same as choosing it in game isn't it?

Associate
Not notice any Screen tear yet. Tested on BF3/Hitman and CSGO all run very good.
With Hitman and the games vsync and on some missions when FPS drops i get frame stutter, but with Dynamic I dont get any stutter even when frames drop.
With dynamic v-sync, I didn't notice screen tearing with BF3, but I did with Far Cry 3. If you have that game, give it a try.
Just sprint past any pole or tree trunk. That's how I caught the screen tearing.

Surely if you are forcing V-Sync thats just the same as choosing it in game isn't it?
In-game v-sync sometimes doesn't support tripple buffering so as soon as the FPS drops below 60 it locks to 30 FPS.

Soldato
OP
With dynamic v-sync, I didn't notice screen tearing with BF3, but I did with Far Cry 3. If you have that game, give it a try.
Just sprint past any pole or tree trunk. That's how I caught the screen tearing.

In-game v-sync sometimes doesn't support tripple buffering so as soon as the FPS drops below 60 it locks to 30 FPS.

Yes you correct FC3 dont seem to work correct with Dynamic.

Soldato
Is the dynamic vsync version out of beta yet?
I've been using RP pretty much since it was originally developed. It is fantastic, so many nice features.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can i use this to do away with the 60 FPS vSync limiter and not have screen tearing?

That would be useful in FPS games like BF3 to lower the frame latency when every 10ms counts as getting the shots in before your opponents.

But i hate screen tearing...

Soldato
OP
Can i use this to do away with the 60 FPS vSync limiter and not have screen tearing?

That would be useful in FPS games like BF3 to lower the frame latency when every 10ms counts as getting the shots in before your opponents.

But i hate screen tearing...

It works superb for BF3 mate. Install the program, and then setup a bf3 profile and select Dynamic under vsync. Then on BF3 switch off ingame vsync and that should be it.

You should see your FPS stay at 60fps no screen tear and also feel very smooth, give it a try, if you dont like just remove the program.

Back
Top Bottom