• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Caporegime
As the last thread got closed (rightly so). I thought I would start a new one with all the rumours and gossip linked. Please stay on track and no fanboy talk.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-titan-gtx-780-performance-surpasses-gtx-690/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...d-hd-7990.aspx

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=955&page=0

http://videocardz.com/39536/nvidia-g...-february-18th

http://videocardz.com/nvidia/geforce-600/geforce-titan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_Series

http://translate.googleusercontent....-titan&usg=ALkJrhgfwOlDIZty4oJOS36b0CQo2E8RMQ

First pics of Titan

1O0tiPU.jpg

vcf0Kd3.jpg

And EK are working on a Water Block.

EKWB-GTX-Titan-WaterBlock-Idea-2-650x379.jpg

nvdagtxtitantpu689.jpg

What is being predicted so far is:

• Name to be Geforce GTX Titan and not linked to the 780
  • Only EVGA and Asus to supply Titans
  • 384 Bit memory bus (confirmed)
  • 6GB GDDR5 (confirmed)
  • 2688 Cuda Cores (confirmed)
  • 837Mhz core clock speed (EVGA and Asus may have higher stock clocks)
  • 876Mhz boost clock
  • 1502Mhz Memory clock speed (6008Mhz effective)
  • 288.4GB/s bandwith
  • 14 SMX clusters (confirmed)
  • 224 TMU's
  • 48 ROP's
  • 521mm2 die size
  • 7080 million transistors
  • 6+8 pin power connectors (75W + 150W)
  • 85% the performance of a 690
  • Priced at $899 - $1400
  • Paper launch 18th February (confirmed)
  • expected in shops 24th February
  • Less than 10,000 to be produced

Obviously like anything that is unreleased, the rumour mill will be going strong, so nothing is set and take it with a pinch of salt. Please link any new rumours and only discuss Titan and what it may or may not have bring.

From a personal point of view, I am very excited. I am a fan of Nvidia and being a multi screen gamer, the 256 bit bus of the 680 feels like it is being held back. With 384 bit bus on this monster, that won't be a problem. Pricey indeed though :(

I will update the OP as we go along and add any decent links (get searching) :)

First PCB picture

nicki-minaj-wild-crazy-23.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a think and I'll pass. I don't need the extra performance and with not using triple screens anymore there's no point. If I had triple screens still I would be all over 2 of them no matter what the cost.

Man of Honour
I'll repeat here what I heard back in nov or so - completely unsubstantiated mind:

2 parts based on GK110 using salvaged parts from Oak Ridge and other production runs. One being in the position of a "675" and the other "685" type cards being respectively approx 15% and 30% faster than a GTX680.

If we assume that the high end GK110 part thats being released to consumers has atleast 2048 SP lit up with the additional clusters disabled letting them up the clock speed a fair bit on whats left along with the fatter memory bus and that the 690 is on average ~70-75% faster than a 680 then I don't think its entirely unrealistic at the upper end of the scale this part could be 85% the speed of a 690.

Soldato
If 6GB is correct then I reckon it's another dual chip board (so 3GB available), and therefore a refresh of the current range and therefore also the 690. I really doubt NVidia would use 6GB in a single chip card at this present time - they quite decent at putting enough memory on a card to be enough for it's useful lifespan (ie, 2 years by which time the card is slow regardless of how much memory it has), and 6GB would be too much right now.

If not 6GB then maybe something single card on K20 based super duper thing (or whatever it's called GK110?) but expect to see 3GB to 4GB of memory maximum probably (maybe 3.5)

Going on history, are we due a refresh ?(like we did with the 480>580)
...are we due a new range based on GK110? (looking at their other cards for enterprise this is the only chip design not been used in mainstream in GC market)
...is it just a one off special (not part of a common range) which as far as I know has not been done beofre?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah i was puzzeld with the 6GB too, why 6GB? 3GB is enough why the need for 6GB? Multiscreen? 1 card running multiscreen? Will be impressive but i doubt it.

I think either 4 or 3GB.

I bet Nvidia love doing this, i dont see the point in hiding it really, its not like AMD can do anything about it.

Soldato
I agree with you Rroff, sort of.

That it will be using binned parts from the GK110 cards. Do you think there will enough binned parts to make two new cards?

I think there will be just one card and it will be between 15 and 30% faster than the 680, depending on the resolution. But I think it will be very compute orientated and that will be one of it's main selling points.

Soldato

That it will be using binned parts from the GK110 cards. Do you think there will enough binned parts to make two new cards?

I think there will be just one card and it will be between 15 and 30% faster than the 680, depending on the resolution. But I think it will be very compute orientated and that will be one of it's main selling points.

But what about the word Titan,if that isn't just something someone has made up to get everyone talking :). I doubt something say 30% faster than a 680 can be associated with Titan when it's already beaten by the 690?

Soldato
Has any top-end card ever been faster than two of the previous generation's top-end?

I just can't see it being faster than the GTX690. If it is then expect to see a cut-down version much like we have with the GTX680.

Man of Honour

They had to produce over 20,000 cores for Oak Ridge alone - given nVidia's typical yields for those type of cores I'd imagine theres no shortage of parts that make the grade for consumer parts with 10-11+ viable SMXs but fall short of being used for professional cards.

Permabanned
They had to produce over 20,000 cores for Oak Ridge alone - given nVidia's typical yields for those type of cores I'd imagine theres no shortage of parts that make the grade for consumer parts with 10-11+ viable SMXs but fall short of being used for professional cards.

Strange how there were no golden sample GPU's released for the 6 series.

Soldato
But what about the word Titan,if that isn't just something someone has made up to get everyone talking :). I doubt something say 30% faster than a 680 can be associated with Titan when it's already beaten by the 690?

I would imagine the name Titan came from the fact that the GK110 is been used in the Oak Ridge supercomputer called Titan.

The card itself might not be called Titan, that's just the rumour at the moment.

Soldato

Well, 18000+ for oak ridge. Nvidia said yields were fine, of course that might be just talk as well :)

Maybe there will be two cards, can't see that happening myself. But I am usually wrong all the time :p

Permabanned
Well with 6GB it should last you a while, whatever the weather, it WILL be powerful if its using 6GB or it would be pointless using 6GB :\

If one of these babies is 85% of a 690 i may have to grab one depending on the final price.

Man of Honour
Well, 18000+ for oak ridge. Nvidia said yields were fine, of course that might be just talk as well :)

Maybe there will be two cards, can't see that happening myself. But I am usually wrong all the time :p

18000+ just to populate nodes (can't remember exact figure) but then they'd have to produce a good supply of spares also - can't have that kind of compute power shackled because they are waiting on nVidia to provide replacements when/if failure happens.

Permabanned
18000+ just to populate nodes (can't remember exact figure) but then they'd have to produce a good supply of spares also - can't have that kind of compute power shackled because they are waiting on nVidia to provide replacements when/if failure happens.

Well if its limited edition it may be so?

Also what will happen down the line if it dies? Will you get a 780 which is better then this card? That could be something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom