• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF3 stutter on newer Nvidia drivers

Soldato
Since every driver release after the 306.97 WHQL drivers I've had this weird stutter in BF3. Its very subtle and hard to see but still noticeable, especially when panning across the landscapes or using a sniper scope - it's like frames are being dropped. Strange thing is that fps is still as high (if not better) but it just doesn't feel as smooth.

This is on a single GTX680 and going back to the 306.97 drivers fixes the problem. I've tried the latest 314.07 drivers and the stutter is still there.

Anyone else notice this? I've read around on other forums and other people are reporting the same thing, but it's very sporadic and some people say they don't notice it.

(Also, probably not related but I've also seen in a drop in performance in Crysis (original and warhead) after the 306.97 drivers.)

Caporegime
I noticed it with all the 310.xx drivers but when they released the 313.95 drivers, they were awesome. Not sure on these newer drivers but if you haven't, try the 313.95/96.

Associate
Glad I'm not the only one...thought it was bad lag at first...also noticed bad stuttering in far cry 3...rolled back & stutter gone in fc3..slight stutter still in bf3..but I did only roll back to 310.90. These latest drivers are for the bin.

@Suarez7.......came across modified 314.07 drivers earlier today...(labelled 314.09 until you install them)....can't say they fixed bf3's stuttering tho :\

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yep, lot of people are mentioning other games too. I myself am pretty sure I'm seeing it in Crysis 2. As I said, it's not something you can pick up easily, but when going back and forth between the drivers it's definitely there. I guess it's what people experience with microstutter in sli/crossfire setups, but it's now happening on a single GPU.

I'll try the other drivers mentioned here, but for now I'm sticking with 306.97 drivers. Just hope nvidia at the very least acknowledge this problem, as I'm sure I'm missing out in other areas by not updating to the latest drivers.

Soldato
Hmmm

For the most part I thought the 314.07 where really good, especially for BF3. Minimum frames seemed to be up and things where smooth.

HOWEVER, I do noticed a sort of hitch sometimes.... which I just put down to another player causing the game to lag. :rolleyes:

---

If problems are indeed wide spread, then it seems Nvidia may not have got to the bottom of the launch day stuttering issues the Kepler cards where experiencing.

Associate
Have to say after deeper delving the latest drivers were only partly to blame for my rubberbanding etc in bf3.....downgrading did improve farcry 3 but not bf3. Then I remembered I had recently installed the latest mobo amd chipset drivers for 700 series released this year...(& install took ages & didn't seem to go right). Reinstalled back to the 2010 release found on Asus site (my mobo)....latest nvidia drivers still seemed crappy..but better in far cry 3...so rolled back to 310.90......bf3 perfect now...so while these latest drivers did deteriorate bf3, latest amd chipset drivers totally screwed it....who'd have thought it...was doing my head in...now all I can say is...WOOHOO! :)

Permabanned
The 314.07 WHQL I uninstalled because of the stuttering too. The latest betas though worked great. I'm using the Titan drivers with a modified .inf and so far no stuttering.

Back
Top Bottom