PC equivalent to PS4 specs?

Associate
8 Core AMD chip, probably the FX series, however they are going to be partially custom because they are using GDDR5 memory, so there will be no directly comparible spec (as always with consoles).

Don't forget games are often optimised for consoles so at the end of the day console performance can be far better on much lower specs. I mean look at the current PS3, can spit out some incredible graphics (albeit at 720p) and its old if you take the standard graphics card cycle into consideration.

Associate
But it will still be a PC and not a custom, uniform design, with hundreds of developers working to make games run on JUST that spec

This, the real beauty of the consoles is how well they are tuned to perfection. A PC will never be optimized for gaming like a console, imagine if they could?!

Soon as the specs are released we can brainstorm, really it won't be much to compete, the only reason it has stupid amount of cores and vRam is for future proof since consoles can't be modified.

Most of that hardware will be under used for several years, at which point PC's will have shot ahead again as per usual.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see what happens this time. Obviously consoles will see far more optimisation, but with both the PS4 and NextBox running x86 CPUs it could well be that most of the optimisations will work in PCs too.

Associate
im sure the prsentation said 8 gb RAM not VRAM, where did this 8 gig vram come from? anyway equivelent pc specs going by mostly rumours woud be an amd a8 cpu and a radeon 7850 with 8gigs of ram, due to game optimisation however youd need like 10 gigs of ram for windows to do its thing , and a faster gpu, any intel i quad cpu will likely beat the ps4

Associate
Seriously doubt its 8GB VRAM. I'm sure is the system memory. If its an FX based AMD processor the RAM surely will be GDDR3. Underclocked with some customisations to keep the CPU cool.

I'm guessing 7000 series based GFX with 2GB VRAM. Maybe the equivalent to 7870.

Soldato
Not very powerful compared to gaming PCs, but they are not really comparable pound-for-pound. I'd say HD7850 / GTX660 2GB, with a Intel Quadcore / Piledriver 6-8 cores, 8GB, will be around the same ballpark.

You can't really expect that much from a £300 console.

Associate
Seriously doubt its 8GB VRAM. I'm sure is the system memory. If its an FX based AMD processor the RAM surely will be GDDR3. Underclocked with some customisations to keep the CPU cool.

I'm guessing 7000 series based GFX with 2GB VRAM. Maybe the equivalent to 7870.

It is a custom GPU with 8GIG DDR5 ram

Back
Top Bottom