Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Distributed Computing > Crypto Currency & Mining

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:09   #7051
blackninja
Wise Guy
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Try 1.1v and 1040 core speed with 1500 memory

I'm getting around 720 per core with temps of 74, 69, 80 and 84 on my dual 7990 system fans at 100% and a deskptop fan blowing over them too.

What thread-concurrency you using?

Running these settings:


--intensity 13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --worksize 256
blackninja is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:10   #7052
JamesM
Soldato
 
JamesM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
Running these settings:


--intensity 13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --worksize 256
If you have enough system memory try 11200 thread-concurrency

Cards will also increase to close to 750 per core with core clock at 1080.

i5 4690k ASUS M7 Ranger Asus 960 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 SuperFlower 1000W Plat
JamesM is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:18   #7053
Dickyb0b
Wise Guy
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lancashire,UK
Posts: 1,222
did anyone dare preorder on https://alpha-t.net ?
Dickyb0b is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:19   #7054
randal
Capodecina
 
randal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,158
Anyone got a multi stratum config file for cgminer? Just want to check my synatax for pool failover.

Thanks in advance.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
randal is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:32   #7055
JamesM
Soldato
 
JamesM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 6,730
You should have one in your cgminer folder, just rename example to cgminer

i5 4690k ASUS M7 Ranger Asus 960 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 SuperFlower 1000W Plat
JamesM is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:35   #7056
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb0b View Post
did anyone dare preorder on https://alpha-t.net ?
Is the sky green?

Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:37   #7057
edgedemon
Mobster
 
edgedemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,809
Here is mine

--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://dogeu.nut2pools.com:5585 -u edgedemon.1 -p ? -o stratum+tcp://dogus.nut2pools.com:5585 -u edgedemon.1 -p ? -I 16 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 5600

Spent ages trying the --failover option then realised that you don't need it...

edgedemon is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:38   #7058
JamesM
Soldato
 
JamesM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb0b View Post
did anyone dare preorder on https://alpha-t.net ?
If they accepted credit card I would for extra security but bank transfer? No thanks.

i5 4690k ASUS M7 Ranger Asus 960 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 SuperFlower 1000W Plat
JamesM is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:38   #7059
jamesfreddie
Mobster
 
jamesfreddie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb0b View Post
did anyone dare preorder on https://alpha-t.net ?
Would I give my money to a company who I have no clue if they are going to go bust a week after they have my money with no comeback?
jamesfreddie is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:40   #7060
Dickyb0b
Wise Guy
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lancashire,UK
Posts: 1,222
It seems they bought that partnership deal with dexcel dessigns,so anyone can do that i think
Dickyb0b is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:49   #7061
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
For me the main reasons why I wouldn't risk parting cash with that company are:-
  • The VAT situation confuses me. They apparently charged some customers VAT without quoting their VAT number. Later it emerged that VAT will be payable only when the rest of the money is paid. It just seems fishy.
  • I've seen their 'office' in person now - it's a converted takeaway. Just out of principle I'd be suspicious buying anything from there, let alone thousands of pounds worth of kit.
  • They claimed to be the innovators and 'engineers' but then later claimed they are simply doing all the administration. So what exactly do they do?
  • They don't accept credit card. If they are as successful and large as they claim to be, I'd expect them to have a full business account with card payments being part of that.
  • They only registered as a company about 7 months ago. Again, if they are as big as they claim to be why only register then?
  • A very instinctive gut feel. I don't trust them.

Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
Last edited by wndsr; 4th Jan 2014 at 13:55.
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:51   #7062
jimjamuk
Wise Guy
 
jimjamuk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 1,488
When these devices are real and people start getting deliveries and review then as good then I might consider one. Until then no chance.....

Heres the cancellation policy

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of 70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

So as long as that delivery date keeps slipping then they can make partial refunds and profit on all the monies kept for those happy enough to give away their cash for a product that doesnt exist yet
jimjamuk is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:54   #7063
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuk View Post
When these devices are real and people start getting deliveries and review then as good then I might consider one. Until then no chance.....

Heres the cancellation policy

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of 70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

So as long as that delivery date keeps slipping then they can make partial refunds and profit on all the monies kept for those happy enough to give away their cash for a product that doesnt exist yet
wndsr's thoughts on this...


Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:55   #7064
Vargas
Hitman
 
Vargas's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Glencoe area
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
For me the main reasons why I wouldn't risk parting cash with that company are:-
  • The VAT situation confuses me. They apparently charged some customers VAT without quoting their VAT number. Later it emerged that VAT will be payable only when the rest of the money is paid. It just seems fishy.
  • I've seen their 'office' in person now - it's a converted takeaway. Just out of principle I'd be suspicious buying anything from there, let alone thousands of pounds worth of kit.
  • They claimed to be the innovators and 'engineers' but then later claimed they are simply doing all the administration. So what exactly do they do?
  • They don't accept credit card. If they are as successful and large as they claim to be, I'd expect them to have a full business account with card payments being part of that.
  • They only registered as a company about 7 months ago. Again, if they are as big as they claim to be why only register then?
  • A very instintive gut feel. I don't trust them.
lol "A very instintive gut feel. I don't trust them."

I also get that feeling
Vargas is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:57   #7065
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by meade16 View Post
lol "A very instintive gut feel. I don't trust them."

I also get that feeling
Just realised I spelt it wrong - oops.

But, it really is as simple as that. For anybody based in Manchester reading this, if you ever happen to be in that part of town go and have a look.


As I said, I don't imagine anything coming out of this place will revolutionise the Scrypt Mining world.


Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 13:59   #7066
jimjamuk
Wise Guy
 
jimjamuk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 1,488
Yeah incorporated in April

Status: Active
Date of Incorporation: 11/04/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

but was formally known as

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
22/07/2013 CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD

And yes the picture of the premises doesnt inspire you either.
jimjamuk is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:01   #7067
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuk View Post
Yeah incorporated in April

Status: Active
Date of Incorporation: 11/04/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

but was formally known as

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
22/07/2013 CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD

And yes the picture of the premises doesnt inspire you either.
If I remember rightly, Cheshire Technology was also registered in 2013.

Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:03   #7068
iron_monkey
Gangster
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: leicestershire
Posts: 116
It would be --failover-only -o stratum xxxx -u xxx -p xx then any more pools you wish to add and their workers and passwords.

I7 2600k , 2 x R9 290
8GB Ripjaws , xfx pro 750W
4x280x , 2x290 Mining
iron_monkey is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:03   #7069
Paradiso
Hitman
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 916
There is talk of the scrypt equation being changed to counter ASICs being used, no idea if true or not though, would be good though, scrypt is for GPU miners.
Paradiso is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:05   #7070
Vargas
Hitman
 
Vargas's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Glencoe area
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
Just realised I spelt it wrong - oops.

But, it really is as simple as that. For anybody based in Manchester reading this, if you ever happen to be in that part of town go and have a look.


As I said, I don't imagine anything coming out of this place will revolutionise the Scrypt Mining world.



PSML
Vargas is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:06   #7071
Diddums
Herp derp dp
 
Diddums's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 7,157
That's got to be one of the least productive looking "tech labs" I've ever seen.

If someone could get their hands on proper kit either by importing, developing or assembly, and run their business properly, they would make an absolute killing.

Sadly this industry seems to be full of lies and dishonesty.

PSN: D-i-d-d-u-m-S
Destiny. That is all.
Forever Gaming
Diddums is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:11   #7072
JamesM
Soldato
 
JamesM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddums View Post
That's got to be one of the least productive looking "tech labs" I've ever seen.

If someone could get their hands on proper kit either by importing, developing or assembly, and run their business properly, they would make an absolute killing.

Sadly this industry seems to be full of lies and dishonesty.
Similar to the professional gaming industry!

i5 4690k ASUS M7 Ranger Asus 960 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 SuperFlower 1000W Plat
JamesM is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:14   #7073
Diddums
Herp derp dp
 
Diddums's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 7,157
Agreed. I've never seen the appeal in professional gaming. Have you seen how those "people" behave?

PSN: D-i-d-d-u-m-S
Destiny. That is all.
Forever Gaming
Diddums is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:28   #7074
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddums View Post
Agreed. I've never seen the appeal in professional gaming. Have you seen how those "people" behave?
Everybody seems to be a professional gamer these days. The amount of 'eSports teams' now starting up calling themselves 'professional' is ridiculous. Makes me life how Clan Leaders are now called 'Management' and 'News Boy' is called 'Chief Information Officer'

Sponsored by ... *lists names of company who we PAY for services*...

Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 14:38   #7075
Drizmod
Wise Guy
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,819
Shady marketing practice of trying to make it look like the deposit price is the full price. I would stay away.

Drizmod is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 15:03   #7076
Diddums
Herp derp dp
 
Diddums's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 7,157
Doge down to 35. Is anyone still mining this?

Multipool seems to think it's the most profitable coin still, I have my doubts.

Might move on to something else. What are you guys all mining?

PSN: D-i-d-d-u-m-S
Destiny. That is all.
Forever Gaming
Diddums is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 15:03   #7077
Dickyb0b
Wise Guy
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lancashire,UK
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuk View Post
Yeah incorporated in April

Status: Active
Date of Incorporation: 11/04/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

but was formally known as

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
22/07/2013 CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD

And yes the picture of the premises doesnt inspire you either.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?a...rofile;u=12068
Dickyb0b is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 15:23   #7078
waso_dude
Soldato
 
waso_dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddums View Post
Doge down to 35. Is anyone still mining this?

Multipool seems to think it's the most profitable coin still, I have my doubts.

Might move on to something else. What are you guys all mining?
I've been thinking about going back over tomspool.org and going back on GME.

PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 970 GTX - 24GB DDR3
waso_dude is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 15:31   #7079
randal
Capodecina
 
randal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
You should have one in your cgminer folder, just rename example to cgminer
Cheers matey. Still getting JSON config errors moaning about a control character (0x9). Odd.

Will keep at it.

edit - think I've found it.
edit edit - Yep, got it. Rogue space in one of the pool definitions.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.
Last edited by randal; 4th Jan 2014 at 15:34.
randal is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2014, 15:49   #7080
wndsr
Mobster
 
wndsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by randal View Post
Cheers matey. Still getting JSON config errors moaning about a control character (0x9). Odd.

Will keep at it.

edit - think I've found it.
edit edit - Yep, got it. Rogue space in one of the pool definitions.
noob.



Intel i7 6700K | Asus 980 Ti | 16GB Memory | BenQ XL2430T
MacBook Air Mid-2012
Battlelog | Steam
wndsr is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Overclockers UK (Ocuk Ltd)