Fitting a New Honda Civic Type R FN2 Clutch?

Soldato
Howdy yal,
Just wondering, looks like the missus clutch has gone... slipping and just not right so was going to buy a new one here

Question is, is this a job that you can do yourself? Anyone ever done one before. I'm handy with a spanner and have ripped injection off and installed Carbs, changed brake discs and driveshafts but that's about it... not sure if I should just bike the bullet and put into a garage or have a crack myself.

Anyone done one?

Soldato
It's going to be a huge ball-ache with just axle stands on a driveway. It's not a job I'd ever attempt myself over just getting a garage to do it

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i just saved you some money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIV...ivic|Cars+Type:2.0+Type-R&hash=item3a7dfa0060

same clutch kit. much cheaper pricing.

they are my local main dealer, you could always msg them asking for the fn2 version if you want to be 100% sure but they are the same parts.

the job will cost about £200 at a garage. its a subframe out job if you do it yourself on my car. not sure about the fn2 though, wouldnt attempt it myself

Last edited:
Soldato
true it certainly is down on power - I'm surprised its lighter though (MB6)

I've owned it since 72k, and hit the red-line multiple times a day - so drive it very hard - that said - 3rd and 4th gears getting a bit crunchy - but at 169k you can't complain :)

whats the approx book time on replacement of a FN2 clutch ?

Back
Top Bottom