You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address for your RT-N56U. HELPP!?!?

Associate
I've just brought the asus n56u router but having problems to get it up and running!
I'm currently on vm fibre optic at 100mb and connected the router 'asus-n56u' *to the superhub on modem mode on port 4 but getting a error 'You have set the wrong dynamic or static IP address for your RT-N56U.' *

Any suggestions how to get it up and running?

Thanks

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Have you put the SH in modem mode?
How is the RT-N56U configured? Auto obtain IP via DHCP?

Associate
OP
Yupp the SH is on modem mode
I've enabled auto obtain ip via DHCP but still no difference :(

Also when I let the router automatically get the ip , i get a [X] beside 'Verify the WAN IP address'

Any other suggestions?

Associate
I take it you're using the closest port to the co-ax cable on the Superhub? If so, set your Asus to DHCP. Power off the Superhub for at least 60 seconds and switch back on, hopefully your Asus will then work first time.

Associate
You don't need to input IP address and DNS settings on Virgin Cable residential services. Switch off the superhub for over 60 seconds (this is essential for the Superhub to forget the Mac address of the last device connected). Whilst waiting factory restore the Asus then switch the superhub back on - it should work out of the box. Make sure the superhub is connected to the bottom ethernet port on the Asus.

Associate
OP
I've had a go at doing that, still nothing. Would it help if I paste my ipconfig here and you and check if everything seems right?

Basically beneath where it says 'I've set the wrong static/dynamic ip address, it tells me to check if the IP and DNS settings are right?

Back
Top Bottom