**8-Pack Hits SuperPi 32m World Record!!**

Soldato
Our very own 8-Pack is on fire at Computex, Taiwan, not only did he win $5000 for first place at the main overclocking competition, he has just hit the world record SuperPi 32m record using GSKILL Trident X memory overclocked to 3033 mhz at C9.Benching took place on the GSKILL booth on the ASUS Maximus VI Extreme with Haswell 4770k running at 6.7ghz with 5.9 uncore. Both CPU and memory where under LN2 at around -130 C.

Here are the benchmarking results (click the image for large):

8pack_gskill.jpg

Click here to buy Gskill memory: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/produ...1&catid=8&sortby=manual_sort&subid=&mfrid=245

OcUK Staff
Thanks guys!!!The bottom screen shot is our efficiency testing with our Hynix IC dimms at 6.5ghz. This will be useful for many entering the 4ghz challenge. These dimms can actually go C8 at 3100mhz but the RAM pot we used today which was not my own King Pin pot with extra capacity could not go to the -150 we required. Ultimately this run has at least another second in it given the best conditions but still very very pleased with the result given the live benching situation.

No CPU-Z on the record as the system crashed when opening. We have a full video of the entire bench I will put up later. This is needed for validation and will be added as soon as possible.

My role in the bench was setting up the Bios, memory tuning and memory clocking keeping both RAM and CPU at optimal temps whilst running the bench too. So the Bios work plus pouring LN2. Young Pro and Fred Yama where doing the work whilst in OS to take full advantage of the settings made ensuring full efficiency.

Permabanned
Do those girls holding ram sticks know NOTHING about electrostatic conductivity?

And that girl on the left, bless her...she has no idea whats happened but thinks she ought to clap because it was something good.

OcUK Staff
Good work Ian, will have to show me how to use LN2 properly when you get back to HQ ;)

Don't forget to use Andrew Moores Dewar as well ;)

Regards

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom