Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Man of Honour
It's been posted in the console forum, but it's coming to PC as well.

Respawn Entertainment’s debut game has been revealed, via the circuitous route of a Game Informer cover leaked through the Google Play store. It’s called Titanfall, it’s touted as “next-gen multiplayer”, and it’s coming to PC and Xbox One. Full cover image below.

Titanfall-610x728_zpsa722a7b6.jpg

Titanfall will feature what’s being called “campaign multiplayer”, which will attempt to incorporate AI and Call of Duty-style set pieces into a multiplayer setting that mixes robot Titans and human infantry.

Here’s an intriguing thing: It’s being built in Source. Does this mean Valve’s trusty engine has been given an appropriately next-gen boost? Respawn are due to appear at E3. Hopefully we’ll learn more then.

Titanfall is due out Summer 2014.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Nor me, if the gameplays good, I could care less! Source is pretty enough.

As true as it is, that it's more important how it plays than anything else. It is rather intriguing they are using the Source engine.

Makes a Steam release more likely than it was before considering EA are their publisher.

Or perhaps the Uneal licence was more than they wanted to pay.

Soldato
You know, when it isn't all for show that sneaking behind/ontop of mechs insta kill looks like it's going to be over the top and over used. I wonder how maneuverable they can be because at that rate you need to keep moving ;D

Soldato
The movement is the thing I'm most interested in

Unreal Tournament 2014? Yes please!

Can't wait to play it online. Finally looks like there's going to be a game that will be fun online

Man of Honour
OP
lol EA Games

Perhaps the fact that its a new IP will mean EA are less likely to make it an Origin exclusive. Also the fact it's using the Source engine gives hope to a Steam release. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. At least it doesn't look like a COD clone, which would've been and easy thing for Respawn to do.

Back
Top Bottom