Anyone else in my situation? Advice needed :)

Associate
I've recently moved houses and I'm in an area where the net is poor. My exchange is ~4.5 miles away, which means I will never exceed 1mb-ish. I share the internet with others in the household, which means it's even worse at times.

2842702977.png

What are my options other than moving houses? :p

I've been researching lots of different solutions, such as: a new phone line, so I have my own connection within the house, mobile broadband, satellite internet, etc. The only practical solution so far is mobile broadband as it's within a reasonable price range, however I have no idea how stable it will be. Also the fact that there is no unlimited data usage for mobile broadband, which will probably not work out for me.

Anyone else been in this predicament? and what did you do to fix it? :p

Soldato
I lived so near a MacDonalds that i could connect to their wifi, so I simply bought an O2 (at the time) PAYG dongle that gave unlimited The Cloud wifi as long as i topped it up with a fiver a month or so.

It wasn't brilliant by any stretch, but it did the job better than what you're getting while i got BB installed.

Soldato
When I'm out, or on the rare occasions my broadband is down, I tether through my iPhone on 3's One Plan. Not that expensive and 'all you can eat data' included. Not as elegant as using a proper dongle, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom