First time using H2O!

Associate
Well It is unfortunately another TJ07 haha.

I've owned it for about 20months with the thought of watercooling and I've finally got everything together below is a my current Progress.

RX480 with all 4 fans braided and attached:
MG_8691_zps4622a158.jpg

The Case back from powder coating:
MG_8689_zpsa379346b.jpg

Rad installed:
MG_8692_zpsaef36ba7.jpg

Rad installed (2):
MG_8695_zps9ad830be.jpg

Res installed:
MG_8699_zpsa8e93149.jpg

Max6Formula finally arrived after 2 months of waiting for a release!!

MG_8703_zpsbb5225e0.jpg

MG_8704_zpsf0b31b1c.jpg

MG_8706_zps0cc8c123.jpg

MG_8707_zpsc693f1d4.jpg

I have plumbed in the hoses but awaiting two fittings for the motherboard which I didn't order due to the fact I forgot and partly down to not knowing if I was going to get this motherboard or not.

Will get the power cables all routed tomorrow and braid the SATA cables which I'm not sure how it will go as I've failed each time previous lol.

Associate
This is looking like the start of a fantastic build, I'm definitely subscribing to this :) Did you fully dismantle your case in order to get it powder coated. As I'd like to get my whole case done, but don't really know the best way to go about doing it...

Associate
OP
It sure is!! Worth the wait I can. hopefully I'll have it finished by Friday as I'm now playing the waiting game on a Samsung EVO hahaa

This is looking like the start of a fantastic build, I'm definitely subscribing to this :) Did you fully dismantle your case in order to get it powder coated. As I'd like to get my whole case done, but don't really know the best way to go about doing it...

And I just sent the case off as a whole in its original box and the guy did all the cleaning/prep/coating etc and then shipped it back to me. I'm really pleased with the finish.

I had contacted loads of companies in my area and they either thought I was joking or said it wasn't a large enough order but its done now :)

Associate
OP
Today's progress was slow, tedious & painful (burns from stupid lighter).

MG_8708_zpsd699b818.jpg

MG_8709_zps610d6f5f.jpg

PSU isn't mounted in place as I still have sort out a few more cables for soldering/sleeving but I'm happy~ish with the way the SATA power cables came out.

Never again though, I don't know if all PSUs are the same but cables designed to come from a top mounted PSU and so had to remove the connects, sleeve, turn connector around, sleeve... and repeat (too many times).

Associate
Do you have any pictures of how the radiator is actually installed, held in position? Did it require any cutting or such as I'm thinking I might go the same route!

Associate
OP
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I bought this XSPC Rad stand
radbracketlarge.jpg

+ Blue masking taped the lower compartment roughly where the stands would go.
+ Attach to the rad and put at least one fan on or take the fans depth into consideration.
+ Put the rad&fans in the place you want it and draw around two edges of the stands base.
+ Take out the case, remove the rad, place the rad stand back in on its own and then finish off marking the outer edge and mark up where the slots for screw holes can go. Repeat for other one.
+ Drill holes where you marked it up and then install.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, hopefully the two monsoon fittings (I forgot to order) arrive tomorrow allowing me to fill and leak test until my Samsung EVO SSD arrives.... the 500Gb versions didn't land today so hopefully I won't be waiting too long.

Noob question but how hard was it to drill the holes in the base and what diameter drill bit do you need? Doesn't sound too awfully hard!

4mm Nut/Bolt came with my radiator mount so used a 4mm drill bit to go through where I had marked. Just make sure your drill bit is for metal and not wood/masonry or you'll ruin your case lol.

One thing to note is if your case as feet on the underside. Two of my bolts were very close to the feet.

If you're not feeling up to drilling into your case then just use some super strong double sided scotch tape. Of course be cautious if moving the case.

Associate
OP
A little help/advice please:

I've just filled up the loop and so far so good. Filled the Res up, turned on (spare PSU for pump not the actual PSU for system). coolant went down, repeated.

I can't top the Res up anymore as its now at the top but there are a few bubbles on the last tube/hose returning to the Res/pump. I will be leaving this for at least 24 hours for leak testing but will they likely go?

Pics to be uploaded soon.

Associate
OP
SATA & power/HDD/reset switch cables braided:
MG_8712_zpsa121f86f.jpg

Just before filling the loop:
MG_8715_zps9965aa50.jpg

Loop filled and leak testing has commenced:
MG_8716_zps126efc3d.jpg

MG_8717_zps60d71e81.jpg

MG_8719_zps8c308b1c.jpg

No drips so far but a fair few static bubbles =/ hmmm