• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sleeping Dogs Bench Thread

Man of Honour
h1fmsFs.jpg

Simple rules

Please use these settings below.

Please post your CPU and GPU clockspeeds.

Please post the drivers used (optional).

Settings

fpd4.jpg

6UA8qmV.jpg

Scoreboards.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
GTX 690 Single core 1180/1800
CPU 3960x @4.9

km8q.jpg

GTX 690 both cores 1160/1800
CPU 3960x @4.9

ewk8.jpg

2 x GTX 690s 1160/1800
CPU 3960x @4.9

ovkj.jpg

Scaling from one core to two is good, from two cores to four is poor.

Soldato
7970 @1200/1823
2500K @4.5

fP2xHeD.jpg

Had to use fraps as the latest AB won't save screenshots :/
Pretty sure I got a few more fps without fraps... Ah well.

Oh, gone back to 13.6 as I'm trying to root out the source of some new found instability.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good job Kaap. I always loved this game and the benchmark. I wanted to do a thread myself, but after the Tomb Raider debacle i decided to leave it for fear of getting lynched. :p

I will dig up my old 7970 results though they look rather dated now on older drivers. I'll also run some 7950 benches soon. I'm going to be putting accelero coolers on both my cards within a week so i should be able to squeeze more from my cards eventually.

Man of Honour
OP
Good job Kaap. I always loved this game and the benchmark. I wanted to do a thread myself, but after the Tomb Raider debacle i decided to leave it for fear of getting lynched. :p

I will dig up my old 7970 results though they look rather dated now on older drivers. I'll also run some 7950 benches soon. I'm going to be putting accelero coolers on both my cards within a week so i should be able to squeeze more from my cards eventually.

Thanks, I am looking forward to your scores.:)

Soldato
Had to use fraps as the latest AB won't save screenshots :/
Pretty sure I got a few more fps without fraps... Ah well.

I used Steam's built in screenshot to get mine - the key's F12 and I'm pretty sure I've never changed it so that should be the default.

I'll also run some 7950 benches soon. I'm going to be putting accelero coolers on both my cards within a week so i should be able to squeeze more from my cards eventually.

Any chance you could post a thread with some pics and results if you do? I would love to swap my Windforce for an Accelero, but when I tried my current Accelero card in the top spot, it was almost touching my second card and the VRMs got so hot in Sleeping Dogs that the frame rate plummeted. Would be very interested how you find the spacing/cooling of the cards once they're 3 slotters.

Caporegime
Thanks, I am looking forward to your scores.:)

Kaap why is there 10 fps difference between yours and Nockys scores when you're both running similar clocks? :confused:

Any chance you could post a thread with some pics and results if you do? I would love to swap my Windforce for an Accelero, but when I tried my current Accelero card in the top spot, it was almost touching my second card and the VRMs got so hot in Sleeping Dogs that the frame rate plummeted. Would be very interested how you find the spacing/cooling of the cards once they're 3 slotters.

Yeah will do. I'm hoping it will fit ok.

Caporegime
His cpu clock and slightly higher mem clock might have something to do with that methinks.

I'd be surprised if cpu made that much difference in this gpu limited bench. 10 fps for 90mhz extra on the memory seems a bit extreme. Maybe you're using old drivers Nocky?

7970 @1250/1823 Extreme SSAA - On older drivers, 13.2 beta.

9594lKx.jpg

7970 @1250/1823 - High SSAA - On older drivers, possible 13.1.

XmZ4SOP.jpg

7950 @1208/1750 - Extreme SSAA 13.8 Beta 2

jcoGJDm.jpg

I can get more from my 7950 when its colder or when i have an accelero on there. Right now im limited by temps.

7950 x2 @1208/1750 - Extreme SSAA 13.8 Beta 2

f8TTirs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Your score does seem a tad low Stu, i think. Will be interesting to see if others can run a comparison with 2x7970ghz cards at stock. Did you turn frame pacing off?

Pacing's turned on, it's a stock driver setup except ULPS is turned off as it was giving me grief. I may well re-install 13.6 tonight (13.8 hasn't been any benefit to me yet, and it's caused a couple of niggles) and see if that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom