Best heatsink and thermal past for i7 2600 Quad Core

Associate
Hi Guys

Can anybody advise me the best heatsink, thermal paste and fan
for this processor.
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

This is what I have at the moment.

Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler.

Budget £10-£100 maybe a bit more.

This is the motherboard I have.

ASUS® P8H67-M LX SI: MICRO ATX MAINBOARD, LG 1155, SATA 6.0Gb/s

RJC

RJC

Don
Depends on the case the op has and also being a non K and on a H series board overclocking be minimal at best.

Associate
OP
How does the heatsink clip onto the board? Two clips on my origin heat sink has snapped. Hence the change of the heatsink/fan

Associate
A heatsink will come with its own mounting hardware. Usually they'll have some kind of backplate that goes behind the board then screws into the holes through the board.

Soldato
Can anybody advise me the best heatsink, thermal paste and fan for this processor.....

As RJC has pointed out you will not be able to overclock your CPU sufficiently to require a high performance cooler, so I assume you want something quieter than what you currently have? You have a micro-ATX board so do you also have a small case which may effect your cooler choices by way of size? Do you have high profile RAM?

Answering these questions will help get you the right advice.

Associate
OP
I've got 8gb ram. 800w psu

I've been told you cannot overclock my processor that much. though I would love too.

I'm looking for a decent cooler.

Associate
I've been using my NZXt Havik 140 - and while their is an issue with the height and width of it (for high profile ram etc) - it works a treat, I'l concede high 70s temperatures durning the really hot weather (could have gotten higher but tbh wasnt on it a great deal), other than that serves me well go have to plug it lol.

Back
Top Bottom