Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Games > PC Games

Old 1st Oct 2013, 14:44   #1
mattacuk
Gangster

BF4 Voice Chat?

SO I am a total BF4 noob(and just a noob in general ) and playing the Beta is my first time playing any BF game.

I am an avid CounterStrike player and so the first thing that struck me was no voice chat? Will the full game have Voice chat or is this just not part of the BF series?

Intel i7 4770K @4.7Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard | 8 GB Kingston DDR3 | OCZ ZX Series 850W PSU | 4 x OCZ Agility 120 GB SSD | SLI (x2) MSI GTX 780 3GB GPU'S | See my rig!
mattacuk is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 15:04   #2
[TFU] Thegoon84
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattacuk View Post
SO I am a total BF4 noob(and just a noob in general ) and playing the Beta is my first time playing any BF game.

I am an avid CounterStrike player and so the first thing that struck me was no voice chat? Will the full game have Voice chat or is this just not part of the BF series?
It used to be mate, BF2 was all about squad voice and commander voice. Cant remember if they've put VOIP in BF4. Tho best of finding some guys to game with. Random public servers are usuallly full of tards who should have stuck with COD.

[TFU] Thegoon84 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 15:11   #3
mattacuk
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TFU] Thegoon84 View Post
It used to be mate, BF2 was all about squad voice and commander voice. Cant remember if they've put VOIP in BF4. Tho best of finding some guys to game with. Random public servers are usuallly full of tards who should have stuck with COD.
Ok thanks very much for the info

Intel i7 4770K @4.7Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard | 8 GB Kingston DDR3 | OCZ ZX Series 850W PSU | 4 x OCZ Agility 120 GB SSD | SLI (x2) MSI GTX 780 3GB GPU'S | See my rig!
mattacuk is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 15:11   #4
Fire_fly
Mobster

I think there is some open voice chat in the beta as I think I could hear odd people talking when playing earlier. Most people stick to private chat to avoid idiots playing music and spewing abuse.

i5 3570K - GA-Z77X-UD3H - GTX 980Ti
Fire_fly is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 15:52   #5
LukieBoy007
Wise Guy

There is VOIP, currently only between squad members but they are going to add VOIP available to all team members. Press Alt to use it.

i5 3570k | GTX 970 | 8GB RAM
LukieBoy007 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote