Kia Sportage vs Hyundai ix35 vs Nissan Qashqai

Associate
I've narrowed down which car I want down to 3.

Despite rave reviews I've ruled out the Skoda Yeti because I don't really like the style of it.

Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, Ford Kuga cost more than I want to spend.

So which do people recommend and why in terms of design, drivability, value etc.

Do not hotlink images.

Soldato
Out of those 3 I'd have the ix35, solely because i prefer the looks. The sportage is the same car and the Nissan will be much of a muchness with them too, though they tend to have more kit.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Out of those 3 I'd have the ix35, solely because i prefer the looks. The sportage is the same car and the Nissan will be much of a muchness with them too, though they tend to have more kit.

I do see a lot of Qashqai's on the road on my drives, 6th highest selling car in the UK this year and it is the cheapest one of the 3.

Associate
ix35. Me persoanlly it looks great, and Hyundai in general are good cars, my brother has a i30 which is nice to drive, and my partners partents have a hyundai santa fe, which also looks great, and it came with loads of kit.

Associate
OP
ix35. Me persoanlly it looks great, and Hyundai in general are good cars, my brother has a i30 which is nice to drive, and my partners partents have a hyundai santa fe, which also looks great, and it came with loads of kit.

Hyundai’s 5 year Triple Care package looks to be very good value for money.

Soldato
Nissan Qashqai easily, although I do like the Hyundai, but from previous experience Hyundai's have horrible engines and not very nice to drive. The Nissan IMO looks the best, will drive the best and is better value and should hold its value better. Hyundai and Kia have become too expensive IMO, even if their cars are much better now and more upmarket, they are still budgetrish brands but the pricing doesn't reflect that anymore.

Don
I'm looking at new.

Have you considered a 1 year old Honda CR-V? It's a much better car than any of the three you have mentioned and about the same price, if not cheaper.
You'll have 2 years of Honda warranty remaining and CR-Vs are solid as they come, not to mention having the best 4-cyl diesel engine in the business with the 2.2 DTEC.

Soldato
None of them new, let some one else waste their money on depreciation on them.

None of them are special enough to warrant buying new.

Soldato
None of them new, let some one else waste their money on depreciation on them.

None of them are special enough to warrant buying new.

95% of new cars bought aren't special enough. ;)

But I agree pointless buying new, and I think there is a new Qashqai generation soon to be released and a facelift of the Sportage, so makes more sense to buy a nearly new car.

Soldato
Have you considered a 1 year old Honda CR-V? It's a much better car than any of the three you have mentioned and about the same price, if not cheaper.
You'll have 2 years of Honda warranty remaining and CR-Vs are solid as they come, not to mention having the best 4-cyl diesel engine in the business with the 2.2 DTEC.

I'd agree with this. We nearly bought one earlier this year. The drive is really impressive for the size, and the engine never felt lacking in power. One of the best diesels I've driven, huge improvement on the cdti.

Soldato
We just bought the Qashqai for the wife:

2br7.jpg

Prefered this over the 2 other options, I would say go drive each and see which one you like the best. They all have their plus and negative points.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got an 08 Qashqai +2 Techna 2.0 dci and its a cracking car. Its only the 2wd version but its great for when we need 7 seats and also a backup to the wife's car which is also a 7 seater.

Its quite frugal and has got all the toys. I haven't tried any of the other so I can't really comment on the competition.

Back
Top Bottom