Lian-Li D600 (no name yet build!)

Soldato
In the last week decided to sell most of my PC and do another build, this one has to last me so I better make it a good one :D

Colour theme, mainly black, white fluids with a splash of red!

Spec:

Lian-Li PC-d600 wb
Asus rampage black Edition
Alphacool 420x80(monsta), 420x45mm, 240x45mm rads
Koolance bay res RP-452X2
Twin XSPC D5's
Koolance dual pump controller
Ek supremacy Nickel Acetal Black
Bitspower blood red fittings
Mayhems ice white coolant
EVGA 780 Ti classified (soon to be x2)
Lamptron Cw611 fan controller
Superflower Leadex 1200 Platinum
Custom Cables

Fans.
3x 140 akasa apache's
2x 120 NZXT enthusiast
6x 120 Corasir SP's

Will update as the build evolves.

Anyway some piccy's

Bare front

Dont like the rad with the rusty look :/ did buy some covers but there too big

been updated since the below pics, will update op accordingly when i have the time ;)

some weird smeary on the door which seems to be impregnated, does not clean.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
May not progress much!! A lot depends on that RIVBE!! But for a change I'm prepared to wait this one out as once it's built that's gonna be it for a few years... Well apart from gpu's!! And the it's gonna have to be good. Did you get one ordered Neil??

Soldato
:D

Get some pics of that case up. Was tempted by one until some kind gent threw a h2 at me :o

Would take a good look at the evga dark if the be is still problematic to get hold of :)

Associate
Great case choice, they use this case with a build that goes with the emperor gaming chair i saw it in the store the other weekend that thing is mental!

Been hearing allsorts about the motherboard though asus seem very quiet on it atm

Soldato
OP
Yeah will get some pics up at wkend, so far only took the bits out I don't need, like drive bays!! Won't get rads until weds, so not loads I can do as yet. The good chap that is David Labido is going to be sorting me some nice cables, just need to make my mind up how I want them.

Soldato
OP
:D

Get some pics of that case up. Was tempted by one until some kind gent threw a h2 at me :o

Would take a good look at the evga dark if the be is still problematic to get hold of :)

Have looked at the dark Paul, it's a nice board, but it Ain't the RIVBE and I know if I buy anything else I won't be happy and I'll sell it and buy the black anyway so I may as we'll just wait, can't see me completing this till Xmas anyway, then I can admire it eat some warm mince pies and drink some liquid cocaine (no drugs here, just vodka, champagne and redbull :D ) and get some serious BF4 action going on. Yeeeeeeee ;)

Associate
Looking good mate, I've got the same Monsta rad, awesome cooling with fans on 5v. One thing of note though, they are actually 86 thick not 80, I don't no where the 80 came from when people talk about them ?

Soldato
OP
few delays but getting somewhere now, got a RIVF as a stand in for the black and still not sure what to do with graphics yet??? mmmmm??

:eek: size of this MONSTA

tomorrow my least fave job, cables!!! :(
and to plumb in the monsta, had to order more fluid today, only had 2 litres and the 420 monsta takes 900ml on its own :eek:

still lots too do but its running!! and it'll see me through xmas till i decide what to do ;)

Soldato
OP
Cheers mate, looks good up and running, but will get some better pics once cables are a bit tidier.
Fan controller looks good but will only run 2 fans per channel otherwise alarm buzzer goes off, which has pee'd me off :mad:

Running bf4 for an hour with the lightning oc'd and 1.4v on the cpu, max temp on cpu 58c which i'm happy with and the monsta is not plumbed in yet :D

Just really dont know what cards to go for :confused: when's maxwell? Out?

Soldato
Cheers mate, looks good up and running, but will get some better pics once cables are a bit tidier.
Fan controller looks good but will only run 2 fans per channel otherwise alarm buzzer goes off, which has pee'd me off :mad:

Running bf4 for an hour with the lightning oc'd and 1.4v on the cpu, max temp on cpu 58c which i'm happy with and the monsta is not plumbed in yet :D

Just really dont know what cards to go for :confused: when's maxwell? Out?

Have not thought about a 2nd Lightning?

Now you have your case - good choice?

How much room from the top of the mobo to the roof?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah i have considered a 2nd ltg which would be the best/cheapest option and would be plenty for bf4 then..... I think
Would like a good card for benching, but that can be very short lived and it goes on... And on....

Using a 240 (45mm) in roof, just fits with the fans, depending on mobo heatsinks. 40mm and you would be safe with any mobo.

Cable routing is quite tight because of the fan/drive cage frame, overcome this with custom cables as there flatter but not sorting them yet.

And yeah very happy with case, i would like a few little changes which i can sort, with time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can assure you a pair of 780's will absolutely destroy BF4 to the point you'll want to start adjusting the resolution scaling above 100% :D

As for fan controller, Lamptron FC5 V2, looks almost the same as the controller you have but isn't a little girl when it comes to w/channel.

Case looks mean, really like it Nick, though I'd be tempted to rip out as many of those 5.25 bays as possible :)

Soldato
OP
The drive bays are out!!
The bits what are left are for the fan intakes otherwise theres no way to fit them without modding.
Few niggles include the above, the gap between the mobo tray and cage is too narrow cant fit a 24pin through there only way to do that is to slide out the whole front cage assembly out but as i like to set Watercooling out first and i have a bay res i cant do this.

I'm kinda glad i havn't waited for the RIVBE, still getting one in the new year but its given me chance to find the cases weak points and plan what to do with it once i get the BE. Overall its great, just has a few flaws, another one being, all the panels just pull off(no screws) which again is great but on the front/left where i have a 420 x 45mm, on the bottom there is a clip which holds one of the panel spikes, i have had to remove this as the rad was about 3mm too high for the holes, luckily the front panel has 1 thumbscrew at the bottom which holds the panel snug.
I'd of also liked about 5mm more between the front of the case and the front panel, just so i could use a filter.
Still a great case but it could have been perfect.

Soldato
OP
Had another go at the cables!!! and some more fluid came, so piped up the monsta, this alone took 900ml of pastel :eek: , 2.7 litres in total.

At 1.4v i ran IBT on extreme for 10 runs and max temp for cpu was 57c, happy with that :D

Anyway some piccy's

some weird smeary on the door which seems to be impregnated, does not clean.

Now just need another gpu and a rampage black and i'll start again!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom