• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Windforce 290X delivered - pics

Man of Honour
Just had this delivered so thought I'd take some quick pics. I'm in a rush so not the best, and straight off the SLR.

The card is long, so make sure it fits your case before you order, it would probably struggle in mine if it had a rad at the bottom.

First impressions are good. I will run some benchmarks / mining with it later and get some figures up.

OcUK.jpg

OcUK-4.jpg

OcUK-5.jpg

OcUK-3.jpg

OcUK-2.jpg

OcUK-8.jpg

OcUK-7.jpg

OcUK-6.jpg

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Looks like all wind force, although my 780 GHz edition came with a backplate do they not do it on others?

Man of Honour
OP
Running Heaven now at 1100/1300 (stock out of the box on this card was 1040/1250). The card is pretty silent, I can't hear it over my FT02 case fans, which are pretty silent. The true test will come when I run a miner on it to get the temps up.

Soldato
How are the temps? That cooler does not like being oriented like that, same as my twin frozrs. Was cooler at stock but roasted when overvolted (680s)

Edit: tbh this version seems to have quite a small heatsink 'below' the core so it should be fine

Man of Honour
OP
First run Heaven as per the Heaven thread is 1394, max temp I saw was 85 with the fans quiet as a mouse. Fan settings in MSI Afterburner left alone.

My Titan with a mild overclock did 1531, in the same computer.

Soldato
Nice, what's the stock voltages at idle/load.

Would be interesting to know what voltages needed to hit 1200MHz, that's if it can, and temps etc.

Maybe it can undervolt? :)

Man of Honour
OP
Just did a run at 1150, going for 1200 now with +100mv set. Getting some minor artifacting, so wouldn't run at 1200 with this card for gaming.

Man of Honour
OP
Well it failed that, so no good for 1200 at all. :( Even if I gave it more volts, it was artefacting however temps were fine. May just have a poor clocker. I'm only putting it this high to see what it can do anyway.

Back
Top Bottom