I've given up on hybrid power

Soldato
The arrival of a second child has forced me out of my trusty and reliable Honda Insight.

If you saw the previous thread, I was looking for something that has 4 seats, is economical, but would also be fun to drive.

I was rather keen on the new CR-Z, but I'd always be driving it thinking it needed a supercharger conversion, and it wouldn't even be getting much more than 45mpg. I also liked the Lexus IS220 D, but my sensible side was also thinking of an Audi A2.

So after a lot of thought, I've bought this. I think it fills the criteria entirely. :p

It's a 2004 Audi TT 225 quattro. It doesn't half shift!

Audi1.jpg

Soldato
Oh dear, not exactly a baby wagon is it!?

I like the original TT though, still look great today and have generally been left alone by the dodgy modders

Man of Honour
I do like these but good luck with the rear seats when the little chao there grows a few more inches. Not the most economic of engines either. I loved mine though.

Soldato
Oh, did I mention. Its got lpg conversion. :)

We already have a family car. I just need enough seats to drop the kids off in the morning.

Exactly the reason i own a gto, kids spend 10-15 minutes in it at most, the other 99% of usage is pure me, may as well have a car i enjoy! For everything else we have a borefest golf :D

Whats the boot space like with the lpg, irc these are pretty tight at the best of times!

Associate
He he!
Let me see? You been inspired by my thread? Well done, i am not the only one with a sport car on lpg. I am planing to do a dyno, 2 runs one on petrol and one on lpg to see what is the difference.
Welcome to the lpg club =) !

Back
Top Bottom