• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSi gaming R9 270 fan oil leak?

Associate
As I was taking apart my SG05 to change the front fan, I noticed traces of oil on the shroud of my R9 270, around the fans, this can't be good but I looked it up and seems like it's a common issue for MSI's gaming series card.

RMA time I guess?

Associate
I also ordered mine on the 24th. I noticed it leaking about a week ago and just wiped it off, after checking again today the oil seems to be all over the shroud and fins.

Permabanned
Wikii Fluid Bearings, if it fails it fails fast and drastically where as a ball bearing is gradual.

I am not saying they are bad HDD's run cooler with them since they started to use 10yrs or so ago but if a normal bearing leaks some oil or grease it will not fail there and then but if a fluid bearing leaks all its fluid that is the actual bearing = bad.

When I opened up the box to my new EVGA 780Ti SC the other day I seen fluid on it but I realised it was leaking from me. :o

Associate
OP
I got mine from OCUK, since I'm within 14 days return period, I'll probably return it for something else, with it happening on so many MSI cards, I don't think I don't want to deal with another MSI product.

Last edited:
Associate
Wikii Fluid Bearings, if it fails it fails fast and drastically where as a ball bearing is gradual.

I am not saying they are bad HDD's run cooler with them since they started to use 10yrs or so ago but if a normal bearing leaks some oil or grease it will not fail there and then but if a fluid bearing leaks all its fluid that is the actual bearing = bad.

When I opened up the box to my new EVGA 780Ti SC the other day I seen fluid on it but I realised it was leaking from me. :o

Some reviews state the fans used on msi cards are two ball bearing from checking the model number. Evga also use ball bearings on their ACX cards.

Back
Top Bottom