Parvum S2.0 crossfire

Associate
Parvum S2.0 Xfire

Over the next few weeks I'll be transplanting my current system in to the awesome Parvum S2.0!
Personally I am really excited for this project as it is my first water cooled build :D

First question for you guys is if two 240mm rads will be sufficient to cool a 3770K and 2x 280X?
I may add an external rad for some more headroom if you think it will be necessary?

My current system:
lD2Jhry.jpg.png

• Intel 3770K
  • 2x Asus 280X DCII
  • 256GB OCZ Vertex 4
  • XFX Pro 1000W modular PSU
I use my system mostly for gaming but also mining for the other 20 odd hours of the day when I'm not using it.
The top card tends to run wayy to hot for my liking at around 85-90C when mining

I've been in awe of this case since I first saw the S1.0 so i have finally gotten my hands on a black and red S2.0!
CA-005-PS_85160_600.jpg

I'll first be getting hold of the water blocks and a new old Z77 Maximus V Gene and then I can plan the watercooling route
Currently I don't really know which res, pump, or rads I'll be getting so advice on this would be much appreciated!

Then next job will be the tubing. I'm hoping to go acrylic but that depends on how complicated the route is and how much patience I have! :p

The once I am all up and running I will be doing the cabling.
As it is a fairly small case, I plan on doing all of the cables completely custom to keep any excess to a minimum.

I'll try and post fairly regular updates but the project mostly relies on be being able to sell some old gear so things will happen as and when I get funds in.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen a few dual GPU parvum builds in the past, even though that was done in a S1.0

As above, you can fit 2 * 240's in there and still have plenty of room to work with.
I guess it depends on how much cooling power you want, but I think an external rad will be overkill

Will keep my eye out on this

Associate
OP
My impatience will be the death of me...
z66UlJf.jpg.png
HZgs6yT.jpg.png
I have to take it back apart again tonight to take home to birmingham
Good thing it is sooo easy to build!
This case really does feel rock solid. More so than even my Lian Li and I guess that is saying something! :D
xWKGTXk.jpg.png

Still lots to get but I have to make plans to make sure I do it right
I'm going to be braiding the whole PSU with custom made cables to the correct lengths
Acrylic tubing
EK Supremacy with naked ivy mount

Last edited:
Associate
Hehe, very nice.
But impatience isn't such a bad thing after all.
At least you have seen the case up close now and you have an idea of the dimensions, so it will be easier when it comes to installing all the stuff inside.
I couldn't wait with assembling my CL S8 either, had it done in 2 hours, but took much longer to figure out where to put what etc
It's always good to have some experience :D

Good luck with your build, looking forward to some updates.

Associate
OP
Had a bit of a play today, made some plans and ordered some more bits.

qMNHKsA.jpg.png
Installing fans in some cases is a pain in the arse! Removable panels make it soo much easier :p

9kJeyKn.jpg.png
It seems such a shame to remove the amazing cooler from these cards! Glad I went for the full size block. The non-CSQ plexi version leaves much of the PCB still exposed which is just foolish as far as I'm concerned!
Used AS5 on this card for now but I will be using liquid ultra on these and the CPU

S3r35Kr.jpg.png
Test fit!!
Definitely going to be getting backplates for both cards

OZvUNdR.jpg.png
Who says this case is mATX only? Look! Fits perfect!

D6ZFMab.jpg.png
Loaded in the PSU to help me decide where I'm going to mount the pump
Ideally I will mount it around the back as I dont think it will look quite so clean at the front
Looking at using the D5 & XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir mounted above the PSU

7KG8QBX.jpg.png
The trusty FC2 has been stripped down ready to be installed at the front of the case once I have confirmed it wont interfere with the radiators

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the great comments guys!

I have no intention to do this case any injustice so hopefully you will like what I have planned!

Looks great. Will all atx boards fit or is it just a few?

"fits perfect" :confused:

I can see about 2 inches of overhang?

I will confirm that an ATX motherboard does NOT fit in this case

I got bored, took the bottom off and gave it a test fit ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Brought a motherboard of the bay!
Potentially paid a little over the odds for a second hand board but it was a necessary evil to get the project properly underway
Should be here in a few days and then we will have some real progress

Judging by the sticker on the box it was originally purchased from OCUK so I'm sure all will be well :p

Back
Top Bottom