9 beeps on dc7700 sff

Associate
hello everyone :D sometimes when i start computer i get 9 beeps with red led flashing on front of my small form factor! i read on the internet and it says system not fetching code, i am just wondering what code exactly it means? thanks for your time reading post! :D

Associate
OP
intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz processor (e6300 conroe)

q965 chipset (xu1) mobo oa54h

radeon x600 series graphics card

4gb of ram (ddr2)

Associate
OP
Can you confirm what motherboard and CPU you have?

Basically can you list your components?

intel core 2 duo 1.86ghz processor (e6300 conroe)

q965 chipset (xu1) mobo oa54h

radeon x600 series graphics card

4gb of ram (ddr2)

Soldato
Just found this, actually relates to an earlier version of your system.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t9184976-dc7100_sff_when_turned

Post AMI Bios Beeps Codes
1 Memory refresh timer error
2 Parity error in base memory (first 64 KiB block)
3 Base memory read/write test error
4 Motherboard timer not operational (check all PSU to MB connectors seated)
5 Processor failure
6 8042 Gate A20 test error (cannot switch to protected mode)
7 General exception error (processor exception interrupt error)
8 Display memory error (system video adapter)
9 AMI BIOS ROM checksum fix
10 CMOS shutdown register read/write fix
11 Cache memory test failed
12 Motherboard does not detect a RAM module (continuous beeping)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just found this, actually relates to an earlier version of your system.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t9184976-dc7100_sff_when_turned

Post AMI Bios Beeps Codes
1 Memory refresh timer error
2 Parity error in base memory (first 64 KiB block)
3 Base memory read/write test error
4 Motherboard timer not operational (check all PSU to MB connectors seated)
5 Processor failure
6 8042 Gate A20 test error (cannot switch to protected mode)
7 General exception error (processor exception interrupt error)
8 Display memory error (system video adapter)
9 AMI BIOS ROM checksum fix
10 CMOS shutdown register read/write fix
11 Cache memory test failed
12 Motherboard does not detect a RAM module (continuous beeping)

where is the cmos battery located? sorry im new to all this :(

Associate
OP
Well it's a watch type battery so you can't miss it if you look.

no problem will shut down my computer soon and take the battery out, is there anything i need to know before i take it out? will i have to do any mad commands prompts or is it just take battery out-back in then power on again?

Soldato
no problem will shut down my computer soon and take the battery out, is there anything i need to know before i take it out? will i have to do any mad commands prompts or is it just take battery out-back in then power on again?

Nothing special to do, when you find the battery, you will see a little metal clip to the side of it, just push that that back, the battery is springloaded and will pop up, remove it and insert a new one.

Associate
OP
Nothing special to do, when you find the battery, you will see a little metal clip to the side of it, just push that that back, the battery is springloaded and will pop up, remove it and insert a new one.

i will have to go and buy new one first i was just going to remove it and put old one back in but might aswell replace it i suppose :cool: thank you for your help :)

Soldato
your welcome, I hope it helps, could you also tell me please if you have a small voltage selector switch on the back of the power supply ? there should be 2 options if you do, 115v and 220v, this must be set to 220v, if its set to 115v and you need to change it, make sure the power supply is switched off and unplugged first.

Associate
OP
your welcome, I hope it helps, could you also tell me please if you have a small voltage selector switch on the back of the power supply ? there should be 2 options if you do, 115v and 220v, this must be set to 220v, if its set to 115v and you need to change it, make sure the power supply is switched off and unplugged first.

will check when i have the case open as there is no visible switch outside the case itself! i found a calculator that might have the same size of battery as the bios/cmos battery going to open the case here soon see what i can find :) will report back asap and let you know how i get on ;)

Soldato
will check when i have the case open as there is no visible switch outside the case itself! i found a calculator that might have the same size of battery as the bios/cmos battery going to open the case here soon see what i can find :) will report back asap and let you know how i get on ;)

Great.

Some people have reported that this power supply switch being in the wrong setting is the fault for you problem.

Its a bit old school though and they don't really build PSU's with this switch anymore, its all auto.

Associate
OP
Great.

Some people have reported that this power supply switch being in the wrong setting is the fault for you problem.

Its a bit old school though and they don't really build PSU's with this switch anymore, its all auto.

be mu luck it is auto and its something else, checked the battery in the calculator but its wrong size :( i have old laptop mobo`s there plus a laptop that needs fixed i could check the bateerys in them see if they are the same size

Associate
OP
Great.

i took out the battery and reinserted it now im getting 5 beeps with red light and going back on ur list 5 beeps is processor failure i didnt even go near the processor

Back
Top Bottom