• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Associate
Guys, what's the max turboboost speed when using all the cores? I think I read somewhere that the 4.4 is only for when using 2 cores

Soldato
OP
Still waiting for mine. Seems like I'll keep mine on stock for awhile. Maybe a slight oc. Need to make sure my new PC even boots beofre anything else:)

Yeah I thought that until I got installed :D

At 4.8Ghz this chip is an absolute monster !

Will bench at that and probably run at stock or 4.5Ghz for 24/7 use. Like things running cool and quiet.

Guys, what's the max turboboost speed when using all the cores? I think I read somewhere that the 4.4 is only for when using 2 cores

Default TB on my chip and motherboard is,

> 4.4
> 4.4
> 4.2
> 4.1

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Boomstick777
Can you run CB R15 at 4.8 ?

I want to have a play now but my chip doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Soldato
Come on lads, lots of 4.8s at sub 80 degrees please - need to justify the system rebuild I'm itching for :)

What are you cooling yours with, Boomstick? *edit* Nevermind, lol, answered while I was asking :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom