The official Dell U3415W (curved 34") thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It's nice to know that desktop monitors are getting some love from the manufacturers.
I still prefer the upcoming LG 34UC97 though- it just looks a lot sexier with that golden back and if images on-line don't lie it's bezel will be a lot thinner.

There is something horribly generic about the design of Dell monitors- I own two of them, both perfectly fine at what they do, but their aesthetics are just meh...
This one looks better just not great.

Here's hoping it will be fairly affordable.

Soldato
Dell 21:9 U3415W *curved 34"*

Discovered some interesting new photos of this monitor... I'm eagerly awaiting price point and release date!! Good to know there's another curved option on the way, and it should be priced less than LG's offering given I can see no mention of Thunderbolt, which no doubt bumps up the price of the LG.

I have read it will be available in China from November, and other markets from December. Here's hoping!

U3415_Wa.jpg

U3415_Wb.jpg

U3415_Wc.jpg

U3415_Wd.jpg

U3415_We.jpg

U3415_Wf.jpg[

U3415_Wh.jpg

U3415_Wg.jpg

U3415_Wi.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Released in China within next couple of weeks apparently... I'm hoping soon after that we'll get release date and pricing for UK. No way will this be under £800 though. I can't see justification for it being same as the LG 34UC97 (just under £1K) as there's no Thunderbolt, but it'll be more than the uncurved 34UM95. I would LOVE to be wrong on this though, and they surprise us with a lower price.

Soldato
Dells always carry a bit of a premium, which is usually deserved in my experience.

I would have bet my feet that I would have bought this day one, were it not for a little thing called the rog swift I picked up last month.

I've got a dell superwide already, but it's only the kid brother 1080 one. I thought it was brilliant for gaming, but I'm a definite high Hz, gsync convert now, and I've barely gamed on the dell since.

I'm going to predict £895 from savvy retailers for this new bad boy by the way.

Soldato
They usually have great CS, which is worth a certain premium... and I don't doubt for a second that this monitor is going to see less issues with backlight bleed than the LG, PLUS be on a far superior stand. Eagerly waiting... :)

Soldato
Does such a gentle curve on this (and the LG monitor) have any effect at all when sitting in front of it, the "less eye movement" statement seems like it would be a minuscule difference to me. When i used to run 3x20" in eyefinity the angle i had on the side monitors was much greater for that feeling of being surrounded.

Soldato
It isn't much by most accounts. It's a subtle curve (as you can see in the pics above), not as extreme as most people would find themselves placing the side monitors in an eyefinity set-up. I think it WILL make a difference, but far more so for people used to single monitors. The lack of bezels makes a big difference though if you're coming from eyefinity, so you have to balance that against the more subtle 'angle'. I think the immersive effect is more enhanced by this fact over the sharpness of the curve, so a flat screen like the LG34UM95 would still give you that, and at less cost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed. I was thinking of the curve more as not being justification over the flat version as it adds a lot to the price for minor benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom