| LUMO |

Associate
| LUMO | Finished,outdoor pics done and studio shots later!

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

Welcome everyone to a new log and let me introduce the willing participant,the In Win D Frame MINI!

After the S3,which is far too large for a LAN box like originally planned,I wanted a smaller footprint and something a bit more aesthetically pleasing,so,after seeing this gorgeous case at Computex,I made some inquiries at In Win and here is the result!

Some of you may have seen this case about and,if you follow any of my forum witterings,probably know already that I had this coming.
The case is a tubular spaceframe design made with Alu tube and,quite frankly,a mobo tray that is a structural grade piece of kit! The tempered glass is a lovely thing to see and is common place on all the high end In Win chassis.

Shall we have a walk round the case then?

oQ4pBmb.jpg

KtGsYNQ.jpg

IuRAC9P.jpg

5ODCPrZ.jpg

YNAYFZc.jpg

You have never seen a mobo tray that thick,guarantee it!

zpNyXb7.jpg

You can have the PSU either way,up or down.

nJQLe7E.jpg

Massively thick HDD and SSD mounts.

AVJNtaF.jpg

Backside of the tray.

9Lcvf7F.jpg

9QoH35d.jpg

Tray out!

1ntyP0c.jpg

dSEKE3b.jpg

bg4bOzK.jpg

The whole tray is decluttered,this ITX case has ambition....

FCMEmC6.jpg

This mod is changing the standard ITX flavour into mATX!

sxmVNbP.jpg

As you can see,you get a substantial case for you money,the anodized frame is nice and well finished and no skimping on materials,Im looking forward to working on it......

First thing is to strip the anodizing ready for some lovely paint,I know I just praised the coating quality and it seems like it would be a waste to strip it but it will be worth it!

Also,sadly,that mobo tray is also going for a 25mm sandwich tray that will carry all the cabling,most of the watercooling routing and an integrated reservoir.
As always,the aim is a clean looking build,no faff or fluff but details to keep you entertained!

LET THE BUILD COMMENCE!!

Magoo insists that he is project lead on this.......He isnt but you know....he thinks he is.....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Normally Im waiting for hardware but not this time.ASUS provided the Gryphon z97,a modders favorite for very obvious reasons and I have a pair of cards with tidy Watercool blocks ready to go. I rounded of the waterblocks with a MIPS Iceforce HF,an awesome block which sadly isnt available easily now since MIPS closed their doors. A major loss to the watercooling world...

Z3mQExc.jpg

B2LcvCd.jpg

The thickest hold down you will ever see!

CQMNvPC.jpg

You just dont see a finish like the finish you get with MIPS....

XYgDK6V.jpg

On to another of my favorite block makers,this time the German outfit,Watercool.

tG7fbct.jpg

31vLBEI.jpg

A8rNGKI.jpg

IZEzHde.jpg

7JMiWHY.jpg

kfqIX9C.jpg

DEkPLpg.jpg

The DC i7 looks like a promising candidate or I may just recycle the 4770k in CLoS3 IMPACT,I dont want to go mad as there a x99 rig coming up in the next few months....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

This weekend has consisted mainly of chemical burns and dust inhalation!
My favorite!!

I made a short video on how to strip the anodizing layer off too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvE857xdkkk&feature=youtu.be

But we all know you like pictures....

4o9FyHL.jpg

OTNHRvM.jpg

5xA8Jn4.jpg

This will stay as a primer until I have finished with the mobo tray work,all the in-out of the board for test fits could damage the paint....I may gun the white base coat on if I get ahead and am feeling confident.

The next job for this weekend will be a mesh piece for the PSU mount,wrapping around the sides and the logo'd panel on the inside,the contrasting colour should make it more visual with the mesh adding a texture.

See you tomorrow and you can see what I mean.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well hello Matey I see you been busy today :)

All day,everyday....

So as I said yesterday,I was shrouding the PSU bay with modders mesh,in this instance,the 2mm hole variety. This should clean up the visible wiring while adding contrast and texture. Eventually,this will be in black/silver marble while the actual frame is Lumo yellow. The Enermax isnt staying,its just for show,the PSU is undecided as yet...A Leadex or a BeQuiet will be taking that role up.

Jvx7AN3.jpg

SfMmL68.jpg

WtumZ3h.jpg

lFSKQCW.jpg

Once the PSU is painted as well,the depth effect should be nice...maybe a couple of LED's in each corner on the inside to light up the PSU would look good.

Thanks again for looking,next up is the mobo tray.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
the cases look fantastic, but they do carry a nice price tag too.

Ah yeah....the high end InWin stuff costs a small fortune but with uniqueness comes expense. I would have rather spent my money on this case than my Caselabs. A hard thing to say but these cases have style

Some of you my be thinking 'I wonder why he called it LUMO....'
Wonder no more ,wanna see what the frame is going to be painted in?

SJVHSDJ.jpg

Its unbelievably bright,retina burning,yellow.
Magoo hates it,he thinks it should be the colour of dried blood and decorated with the bones of his enemies...or the tax man.

Associate
Wow, I can still see that paint 10 minutes later... kinda like looking at the sun :eek:

After seeing your previous build I know this is going to be stonkingly good!

Back
Top Bottom