losing a dog,

Soldato
Just lost our 15 month old staffy last night.

was fine one minute and just collapsed on the floor the next. nothing noted at her annual check up last week and vet couldn't find anything untoward last night. going to have to wait on autopsy report for some answers.

absolutely heartbroken as she was a massive part of the family. Worst part is that my kids are on holiday with the grandparents till Sunday and don't know yet, really really dreading breaking that news.

Soldato
I think all dog owners understand how bad it is. Sorry for your loss. Some people think it's mad when people try to save pets from situations but anyone who loves and cares for their dog would likely go as far as they would for any family member human or not.
Looked a beautiful dog too :(

Caporegime
I loosed my dog, opened the door it never came back.

But seriously my dog died suddenly. Couldn't find it anywhere. It had crawled behind a curtain covering an alcove, curled up and died :( was terrible when We finally found it.

Life goes on, its harsh but true. Be thankful it wasn't one of the grandparents.. That will happen one day ..

Soldato
OP
worst thing is everywhere I look theres constant reminders of her, mainly thanks to teeth marks in almost everything I own lol

10378202_10153266079773636_6876622594055846465_n.jpg

10413407_10153266079878636_7014320587680364132_n.jpg

anyone offer any advice on breaking the news to the kids when they come back?

Man of Honour
That sucks mate she looks like a little legend, as much as our big dopey mess pees me off on a daily basis I'm not looking forward to losing him.

Underboss
Sorry to hear that, as a fellow staffy owner you have my deepest sympathies!

Such amazing dogs, soft, loving, great with the kids and if it was anything like mine thick as mince which just added to the character!

Permabanned
Only 15 months old :(

It's not uncommon with pure bred bull breeds. Both the SBT and the EBT suffer from genetically inherited kidney disease. My first EBT had it and he went from perfectly healthy and nearly 5 stone, to skin and bones in just a couple weeks before the vet said we should put him down.

It was one of the major reasons why I no longer buy pure bred and only rehome dogs.

Soldato
We lost a couple of pets in a short space of time a month ago. Absolutely heartbreaking and the only time (funerals included) I've seen my Dad upset which I think was the worst part. You just get so attached to them. :( Sorry for your loss.

Soldato
OP
It's a hard one to take especially loosing her in under 10 seconds :(

She's left a big 15 kilo wet smelly and incredibly annoying hole in my life

Soldato
I feel your pain buddy. We lost our Golden Retriever about three years ago now having made the very difficult decision to let him go. It was awful but I knew that although it was the hardest thing to do, it was also the kindest.

For people who have never owned a dog, it's very difficult to imagine the profound impact they have one our lives. Chin up matey.

Caporegime
Lovely pictures. It's little consolation but least she went to a good home and got treated right while she was around.
Sorry for your loss it's horrible whatever way you loose a pet under any circumstances

Soldato
It's a shame but I have never understood why people place big powerful dogs like this in an environment with kids. I'm sure the chances are slim of anything nasty happening but if something did happen then I'm not sure how a child could defend themselves. The consequences would be horrific!

Back
Top Bottom