Asus PB278Q or Samsung 27D850D?

Soldato
Hi all,

I was wondering what was best out of these two monitors? Or is it a bit of a 'much of a muchness' ? Used for pretty much everything you use a monitor for...

Or are there better alternatives in this size and 1440p range?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure about better but I had considered the two monitors you noted and decided to try out the AOC Q2770Pqu instead. I tried two of them and they both had horrendous backlight bleed. The last one was swapped over for a BenQ BL2710PT and that has restored my faith in being able to find an IPS monitor with minimal BLB and very little IPS glow.

I had read, amongst others, this review of the BenQ and it seemed to deliver....

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...560x1440-matte-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls.html

the Youtube video review is pretty good as well.

Thankfully I had great cooperation and service from the etailer I used, first monitor delivered Saturday and collected with the second monitor delivered Monday and the final (hopefully) delivered BenQ yesterday.

I did speak with both AOC (not very good) and BenQ (gave confidence) befor eI made my choices.

Best of luck.

Soldato
OP
Not sure about better but I had considered the two monitors you noted and decided to try out the AOC Q2770Pqu instead. I tried two of them and they both had horrendous backlight bleed. The last one was swapped over for a BenQ BL2710PT and that has restored my faith in being able to find an IPS monitor with minimal BLB and very little IPS glow.

I had read, amongst others, this review of the BenQ and it seemed to deliver....

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...560x1440-matte-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls.html

the Youtube video review is pretty good as well.

Thankfully I had great cooperation and service from the etailer I used, first monitor delivered Saturday and collected with the second monitor delivered Monday and the final (hopefully) delivered BenQ yesterday.

I did speak with both AOC (not very good) and BenQ (gave confidence) befor eI made my choices.

Best of luck.

Hi Vimes,

Thanks for the input! :)

Based off of your recommendation and links, I've actually put in an order for the monitor. I'll report back with my findings! :)

Associate
Hi Vimes,

Thanks for the input! :)

Based off of your recommendation and links, I've actually put in an order for the monitor. I'll report back with my findings! :)

Good choice, got my BL2710PT last week and theres been no regrets fantastic looking monitor, no dead or stuck pixels and glad I went for a non PWM monitor as I'm running it on a low brightness for my room. I was worried about ghosting but after trying a load of games I didn't notice any. Just need a second to go on my new monitor arm. :)

Enjoy your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom