Query about Double glazing Windows

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Hi never had double glazing windows done before but a strange question.

The window sill and wooden frame around the window is rotted/damaged on the inside of the house and also the window sill on the outside is similar.

Can these doubler glazers or window installers put new wood panels in there and then the new double glazing or do they just put the window into the old wooden frame ?

Or can I vice versa get them to then install the new double glazing windows and then a carpenter to install new wooden window sill and frame afterwards.

I have no idea :D

Soldato
I had mine replaced by the double glazing company - they will attempt to charge a premium but everything is negotiable.

Tea Drinker
Don
The units will usually come with an external cill and the internal depending on what you want can be done by the window company or yes get a chippy.

The window company will be well versed with fitting internal mdf coated in plastic cills, if like me you want oak get a chippy to do it.

Tea Drinker
Don
Depending on the structure and make up of your original windows you might want a plasterer to make good the reveals.

All of this can be bought with the window company if you want a one stop shop but you will pay a premium

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, had a feeling they would charge much am thinking to get plastic PVC window sills and plastic frames if they do that. Think will have to get it all done with the glazers so it gets done in timely fashion.

Is that internal mdf coated in plastic cills all plastic ? that sounds right for me if it is.

Back
Top Bottom