EVGA Hadron (Project EVE)

Associate
Decided to do another mITX build. So far this mITX rig is my favorite. Packs a punch while staying tiny!
Here is what i've done:

Akasa Apache 120mm exhaust fans connected to CPU fan header via PWM splitter

EVGA 500W Gold rated PSU. Internal fan modded to Noctua NF-A4X10 FLX & Scythe Mini Kaze Ultra. Tutorial: http://forums.evga.com/Replacing-the-Hadron-Air-PSU-Fan-m2201208.aspx

HDD cage ripped out in order to accomodate high end GPU

HyperX FURY Series 16GB (2x 8GB)

Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD

Scythe Shuriken rev. B CPU cooler (impossible to install aftermarket W-cooler)

ASUS Strix GTX 970

With a lovely backplate

z97n-wifi motherboard with dual band wifi and bluetooth. CPU i5 4460

In goes the mammoth gpu. else nothing will fit

Assembing mobo for its launch

tiny drop of Arctic Cooling MX4 is a must

Neat package. CPU cooler and ram must be mounted before inserting in the case

Most hardest point in the whole build. No room with big hands :) SSD sits in the bottom right corner of the case, wedged by the GPU

with such a weight of GPU mobo will most likely to bend. Had to stick a lego brick in the space between 2 fans and a PSU

Its that small. Best mITX built so far. EVGA logo scratched off, looks amazing now ;)

Unigine Valley Extreme. Temps below 70c under stress and intensive gaming, Not OC'ed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Forgot to mention, with mammoth gpu one-slot optical drive is not an option but then again who uses them these days, there is always external usb one if needed

A lot of people complain of internal powder coating, once the build is done its not possible to see those, as most on blind spots

Front Audio jack might not be ideal for headphones as there are electric stream noise which doesnt go away unless mobo jack at the io plate is used. Ive read that if insulated noise goes away, not tested

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thread moved to the right cat, thanks to Surveyor :)

I was thinking of using a black cable tidy or perpex black tubing to hide random colour wires
Anyone tried this? Dont think either would melt as hottest component in the rig is gpu and its 70 tops

Back
Top Bottom