Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Soldato
Budget phone at £125 with pretty beefy specs!

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
Memory: 2GB of RAM
Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
Battery: 3000mAh
4G too!

Really tempted to swap my Moto G out for one of these. Just waiting for an unlock so I can use on Giffgaff. Anybody got any experience with this phone?

Soldato
OP
Yeah it is locked to voda. Currently I think the only way to unlock it is by getting voda to do it for around £20-30. As with budget mobiles if this becomes popular then I imagine there will be cheap unlock codes on eBay soon enough.

Associate
I picked one of these up today and I am hoping that an alternative unlocking option becomes available soon.

Obviously with it being a Vodafone product, everything wasn't plain sailing. I was given the wrong type of SIM for the handset and I was charged £150 for it from a Vodafone store rather than £125.

I will hopefully get both issues resolved soon. However, first impressions of the phone are very good. Extremely good value.

Soldato
OP
I would think that voda is not making much money per handset and is instead relying on income from new customers joining voda and the use of the bloatware apps to make money. Hopefully xda or somebody pick up in this device as for the money the specs can't be matched I don't think. I was debating a second hand lg g2 but this looks just as good for very similar if not less money.

Associate
I managed to unlock this phone without any issue via eBay.

I followed this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wi_490xokU

The eBay ID listed in the comments (231517263748) was the one that I used and I specified the following:

IMEI: [as from phone]
Network: VodafoneUK
Handset: ZTE Blade S6 Plus

The unlock code arrived in less than half an hour from the seller and worked successfully.

Screenshot:

0hdHZzO.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I would think that voda is not making much money per handset and is instead relying on income from new customers joining voda and the use of the bloatware apps to make money. Hopefully xda or somebody pick up in this device as for the money the specs can't be matched I don't think. I was debating a second hand lg g2 but this looks just as good for very similar if not less money.

Voda UK apps are all removable now or at least you can remove them on my handset and my pre-launch 6 ultra I'm testing for VF group. App referral is a comically bad way to make any money, I highly doubt there's anything in that . You can just as easily disable apps too remember.

Price/Performance ratio is pretty amazing tbh, not entirely sure how we managed to squeeze this out of ZTE.

Back
Top Bottom