• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Caporegime
Right chaps and chapesses, to save the owners thread, please discuss what you think is going on with the difference in IQ in the 2 runs I did showing a TX Vs a Fury X.

For clarification, all I did was alter the colour slightly on the Fury X to suit my preference and when switching over to the TX, I didn't touch anything (it was only for a couple of hours in comparison tests).

Points to note are:

• I used DDU before installing the Fury X
  • I used DDU before installing the TX
  • I use a capture card (avermedia LGP lite) for both runs
  • Both these runs were the exact same quality settings
  • nothing is touched in the CCC or NVCP
  • All settings are exactly the same for both runs

Now I do have an interest in this and what people think. The IQ of AMD is better than the IQ of Nvidia out the box IMO but I don't personally think there is anything in it however, I also noticed the draw distance on the kerb line is muddy on the TX but not on the Fury X, so something could be amiss.

Please be nice to each other and respectful is good. Don't turn it into a war.

Soldato
Nice one mate. :)

Personally I think it's just a case of, for some reason or other, AF settings not being properly applied. Nothing deliberately shady.

Caporegime
As i mentioned in another thread, the kerb line images in your vid Greg are pretty much the same as i have on screenshots from march last year on shanghai map. Pretty blurry. This is a long time before nvidia carried out any driver optimisations to improve performance in bf4. But playing a wee bit earlier on the ti card, things do look a bit beter. Certainly a strange one though.

Soldato
Might be worth firing up nvinspector on the tx Greg and seeing how the profile is laid out, could be something a miss.

What exactly does gameworks have to do with a comparison video of bf4?

Soldato
Might be worth firing up nvinspector on the tx Greg and seeing how the profile is laid out, could be something a miss.

What exactly does gameworks have to do with a comparison video of bf4?

Sorry dont use Nvidia I thought the software that changes settings for you was also called Gameworks :o

Soldato
No it's just called something like 3d settings, in there you have a 'global' and per game options, though nvinspector will give you all of the detailed information like lod scales etc...

Unless as user has intentionally adjusted anything in the 3d settings it should all be at nvidias default.

Oh and I Just re read your post, I think your referring to GeForce experience? Which is a fair shout, it can/will enforce its own settings of you've applied a profile previously.

Soldato
No it's just called something like 3d settings, in there you have a 'global' and per game options, though nvinspector will give you all of the detailed information like lod scales etc...

Unless as user has intentionally adjusted anything in the 3d settings it should all be at nvidias default.

Oh and I Just re read your post, I think your referring to GeForce experience? Which is a fair shout, it can/will enforce its own settings of you've applied a profile previously.

Thats it lol couldn't think its name.

Caporegime
Took a quick screen grab at the point with the blue sign on that map.

JFYhU4L.png

Things actually look a bit better than the older shots i have.

And on a side note, wondered why my card was running so low in this. Idiot here forgot to remove the 60fps limit in the bf4 cfg file.:o:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking better than on Gregs video there Setter. The line starts to blur at the first set of concrete barriers in yours. Which i think is the same on the fury x in gregs video.

Soldato
Right chaps and chapesses, to save the owners thread, please discuss what you think is going on with the difference in IQ in the 2 runs I did showing a TX Vs a Fury X.

Which monitor are you using? Are you running at 60Hz? If so, I'm wondering if the very high frame rates you're getting on the TX are causing a problem.

Caporegime
Looking better than on Gregs video there Setter. The line starts to blur at the first set of concrete barriers in yours. Which i think is the same on the fury x in gregs video.
Hard to compare though tbh as mine is a still image whereas the other pics are screen grabs from a compressed video. Be interesting to see still images from the other cards though.

Which monitor are you using? Are you running at 60Hz? If so, I'm wondering if the very high frame rates you're getting on the TX are causing a problem.
Gregster is running the Asus ROG swift 144hz monitor.

Soldato
Might has well take a screenshot also. 1440p Ultra plus 80FOV

ScreenshotWin32.png

Mei

Mei

Soldato
Hard to compare though tbh as mine is a still image whereas the other pics are screen grabs from a compressed video. Be interesting to see still images from the other cards though.

yeh raw screenshots has got to be the best way to test it? (not jpeg or anything)
and with a few different games too? ...so its not just a bf4 thing...

Mobster
Soldato
This is a matter of preference no matter how you look at it, want slightly higher FPS and slightly lower IQ? Get TX, and vice versa for Fury X.

Soldato
Just noticed that the overhead cables are missing in setters image. But are visible in shanklys. But it could be a proximity things since shankly is standing further down the street than setter.

Caporegime
OP
It is a shame my capture card only records 30fps, as I really feel this doesn't help. I seriously don't think that anything is amiss or untoward but the IQ on the Fury does look better. When I switch back over to the Titan, I will record a run with ShadowPlay and see if the quality is any better.

I am now encoding my review and that will take a few mins as it is quite long and I do waffle a bit (sorry lol) but will deffo do the SP recording tomorrow and let you guys decide if anything is up. I doubt it is the capture card either, as it was set the same for the video in question.... More investigating needed for sure.

Back
Top Bottom