*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Soldato
That's the Z5 Premium. Sony are reported to announce 3 devices at IFA - the Z5C, Z5 and the Z5 Premium.

Z5C will come with a 720p 4.6" screen
Z5 5.2" 1080p screen
Z5 Premium 5.5" 4K screen

Associate
I'm a bit nervous about the 810 in this phone as the Z3+ got very, very hot :(

I honestly believe the overheating issue has been blown way out of proportion by media... There's 6 z3's and 2 z3+ in the office here and only one guy says he gets overheating if playing intensive games for a good 30 mins and even then it's intermittent for him. Surely it can't be that widespread

Soldato
Apparently after a new update the Z3+ is running a far normal temperature and it doesn't heat up when it's under heavy load.
That doesn't mean that SD810 isn't throttling more than any other chip though...

Caporegime
That's the Z5 Premium. Sony are reported to announce 3 devices at IFA - the Z5C, Z5 and the Z5 Premium.

Z5C will come with a 720p 4.6" screen
Z5 5.2" 1080p screen
Z5 Premium 5.5" 4K screen

Am I being thick here? The article says:

'Furthermore, we have a bit more confirmation on each of the three devices’ exact display sizes and resolutions:

Sony Xperia Z5: 5.2-inch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact: 4.6–inch display with 1280 x 720 resolution
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium: 5.5–inch display with 2560 x 1440 resolution'

That's not 4K is it?

Soldato
^Yep that's not 4K so you're not being thick. There's all sorts of rumours flying about....

The YouTube video that was posted up Xperiablog.net in French apparently stated that the Z5 Premium had a 4K screen but the 2560x1440 is QHD

I don't know why Sony would skip a QHD screen and go all out with a 4K screen. Very strange to put a screen like that on a phablet device. You'd think they would put 4K on their tablet range.

Either way we will know tomorrow exactly what Sony has up their sleeve.

Associate
I own a Z3, pros?

- Excellent battery life (when you setup stamina mode properly; 2 days under normal use, this is with sync and GPS location on)
- The screen is clear, vibrant and colourful. Watching Netflix in bed is lovely.
- Audio through headphones is good, supports high res audio files. Standard support for USB DACs/headphone amps.
- Playstation remote play is coming along nicely. Awesome feature, underrated.
- The camera is excellent for a phone. Really really good.

Cons
- Without a case it has a slippery back. (fixed in the Z3+ with a bigger bezel on the back)
- The flaps can be annoying (fixed in the Z3+)
- It doesn't come with the 2 pin magnetic charger bespoke to the phone which is disappointing. (not needed anymore since they got rid of the flap, which was my only reason for wanting one!)

It's a good product so when my phone is due an upgrade I'll be strongly considering Sony's newest offering.

Back
Top Bottom