2016 Triumph Bonneville/Thruxton

Soldato
From Pistonheads (link)

What looks to be the Triumph 2016 (watercooled) Bonneville/Thruxton range.
uvQr2MqB.jpg

Q1kHGH5e.jpg

UStNo4sK.jpg

How awesome are these! WANT :eek::cool:

Monoblock brembos too.

Bravo Triumph they are bloody awesome. :D:cool:

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing the move to water cooling means more power than the 60ish bhp of the current bike, hence the move to dual discs and brembos. 800-900cc twin should be over 100bhp with shedloads of torque.

I love the proper cafe racer look, with the wire wheels. Presumably there'll also be a scramber!

Caporegime
They are nice if I could afford one I'd buy one,I'm just saying they used to use their own triumph calipers on the St,and they always got good praises

60's era bonnie is different,its vintage compared to modern triumphs but that's the appeal for some,plus they sound awesome

Associate
I'm quite the opposite, I can't get on with the cafe racer style as it just looks a bit old fashioned to me. But then again, I'm only 27 and a fairly new rider so :)

Soldato
OP
The Thruxton R looks to be a peach, probably £12k according to reports, but worth it.

Showa Big piston forks, polished triple clamps and loads of nice little touches, the dials look great, retro but modern, and the LED DRL in the old style round headlight :cool:

There's a decent choice now for proper cafe racers - BMW R-NineT, Thruxton R, or Ducati Sport classic (older but they're around the same price, £8-10k). I'd take a Thruxton R over the BMW any day, from the pictures it looks to have loads more nice little touches. The Ducati would be more of an investment.

In a few years time I'd love to add one of these as a "special sundays" only bike to polish up next to the multistrada and commuting bike. I'd happily make the commuter live outside to make space for one of these :D

Last edited:
Associate
Why does it have to be cheap? If you're just wanting a commuter then fair enough, but if youre in to motorcycling then why not. I would if I had the money (nice street bob..mm)

like enthusiast cars, expensive bikes are about the experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom