BT Netflix issues

Soldato
OK, switched off my unblock US service a few days back, since then can't get on Netflix. I'm a BT user and doing a bit of googling shows that BT users are having issues getting online with Netflix.

EDIT: This is using APPS either via Smart TV or phone/tablet, not the actual website.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...er-problems-with-netflix-on-lg-smart-tvs.html

Are there any other BT users here using Netflix as standard without altering DNS having issues?

If I switch back on the unblock US, I can get online but Netflix gives a message about using an unblocker and doesn't play anything. :mad:

Tried the google DNS, doesn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dunno about smart tv but works on my android tablet and phone. (Though for some reason the tablet is playing very low quality and seems to refuse to go into anything decent quality - but I've not updated the app on that tablet in months).

Soldato
OP
Dunno about smart tv but works on my android tablet and phone. (Though for some reason the tablet is playing very low quality and seems to refuse to go into anything decent quality - but I've not updated the app on that tablet in months).

Fancy updating the app and seeing if it still works ;)

Man of Honour
Still not working for me. A bit of searching shows that it is likely an issue with Home Hub 3 and has affected many people over the last couple of months :(

Man of Honour
Just got off a call with BT. At first they said they had reports of users with Home Hub 3, 4 and 5 having issues. Then they later said it seems to be affecting HH3 type B users most (that's what I have). The help desk guy said he hadn't had any calls from users with a third party router but couldn't promise that using one would fix the issue.

At least they are aware of it. But there is no fix in sight. I guess it may just be quicker to move providers as it seems like this has been a problem for some users for a while.

It's definitely the BT connection out hardware. When I try my android app through WiFi it doesn't work. When I connect through my phone instead (same device) it connects and plays fine.

Soldato
OP
Had a few calls to BT, they're aware but depending who you get on the other end, some won't even try to help if your not a BT TV customer.

HH3 seems to be the main cause, some users with HH4 and 5 having issues too.

Currently in PM's with a guy on the BT boards who thinks he can solve my problem, fingers x'd.

Soldato
OP
Well that was a pleasant surprise...

Thank you for sending in your details. I am sorry to hear that you've been affected by the Netflix issue. We have got this investigated and identified an incompatibility between one of our older hubs and the Netflix app running on a small number of Smart TVs and YouView boxes.

As you have been affected by the issue we have arranged to send you a replacement router free of charge. You should receive your replacement hub in the next few days. The order reference for your new hub is

Fingers x'd

Soldato
OP
Good news. Please let me know when you receive it and if it works. I will call them back and insist on a new router if that's the fix. Thanks.

Will let you know tonight. Just had a call off the missus and it's arrived today. That's pretty good considering I sent the message yesterday morning at 8am before work.

Man of Honour
Thanks.

EDIT: I just called BT who told me I was outside the warranty period and would have to pay for a new home hub. So I politely asked to leave them and move to a provider who would offer a working service and new hub/router for free. They are now going to send me a replacement router for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How have you been with them Hades?

My hub is over 3 years old and they didn't try to pull that nonsense with me. Guess it all depends on the idiot on the other end of the phone though.

Glad you're getting another one though. :)

Back
Top Bottom