Acceptable backlight bleed

Soldato
What is acceptable to you?

I bought an LG 24EA53VQ monitor yesterday for £130. Got home and the backlight bleed was immediately noticeable bottom left and bottom middle.

Squeezing the bezel together on the bottom left of the monitor made the bleed almost disappear. I presume the back & front casing wasn't fixed flush against each other.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I took it back this morning to the place in Manchester beginning with A. The guy at the returns desk said he didn't notice any bleed and that LG wouldn't accept it back as being faulty. I was given the option to either keep the monitor or a refund minus 10% of what I paid.

Here's an image taken of the screen in the dark. It does make the bleed look worse than it is but it's still noticeable in a light room. This photo was shown to the guy in store.

1LhqKBK.jpg

The guy actually showed me some backlight bleed on an old Dell monitor there. I asked him if it was a TN or IPS screen and he replied "No, it's a Dell". How the hell can someone with such limited knowledge of monitors judge whether a screen has bleed or not? :confused:

Anyway, decided on a refund minus 10% in the end. Advised them that I wouldn't be shopping with them any more and left the shop. I'd normally accept limited bleed especially with a £130 monitor.

Ended up grabbing a Acer H236HLbmjd for £114 from elsewhere. What a difference. Very limited bleed at all so very happy with it.

vPV0eS5.jpg

End of rant.

Back
Top Bottom