Alternative puncture repair (cycles)

Soldato
Earlier today on the way out i noticed i had a flat, and of course i discovered i had lost or thrown out the patches to repair it. I use the bike everyday so i need it, and instead of hiking to a bike shop i decided to quick fix it using a cut out patch from a old tube and super glue.

i had doubts about this as super-glue is brittle and doesn't flex ,so i assumed this kind of cheap repair would reveal itself to be a complete waste of time, well no, i have rode 8 miles and its still going strong, and i will leave it until i need to repair it again.

maybe i have discovered a almost free method of tube repairs? considering it costs me near a fiver for patches and glue { halfords sold em separately ,}

Man of Honour
Cant see a problem sticking with the cut up old tube as patches but Id definately get some of the proper glue, I cant see super glue lasting a very long time

Associate
i just use some patches were you just stick them on job done no glue or messing about much better :D (they work great as well not had one fail or fall off or anything)

Soldato
I always carry new inner tubes. Considering the last flat I had was actually explosive (Tyres are ran at 85PSI) and blew the inner tube to smithereens! I never used to until I was left with a bike with a flat tyre 5 miles from anywhere and had to carry it back with me.

Back
Top Bottom