Anyone having trouble using Halifax Online Banking?

Soldato
Hello,

I've just noticed something weird on Halifax's online banking system.

Where you sign in with your password, then select 3 parts of your memorable information, mine just comes up with a box to fill it in complete?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks.

Associate
Working for me, Mines the same as usual, hasn't gone to the three parts of the memorable info yet.

Just Username & Password -> One of the memorable informations

15xwkyf.jpg

Associate
I'm canny sure it didn't give me an option on switching - that being said, the new 3 parts of another password is complete toss. Entering 2 passwords must be more secure than that toilet, if anyone was looking over your shoulder (say on a work terminal, they get 3 letters at a time printed in clean text on your monitor - as apposed to say having 2 password fields with ****'s in them).

Not to mention that it takes about 20 times as long to count out the correct info.

Shod.

Associate
It is a pretty rubbish system mind you, if you to transfers within Halifax (i.e Halifax account to any other Halifax account), it just says "transfer" and does not indicate who it went to.

Indeed even when you phone them, they have to send an email to a special auditing department to find out that information. The pertinent information is available if you use an external transfer to another bank though... LOL

The interface before used to give a short history of transfers, but it doesn't any more. Urgh.

Permabanned
Hello,

I've just noticed something weird on Halifax's online banking system.

Where you sign in with your password, then select 3 parts of your memorable information, mine just comes up with a box to fill it in complete?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks.

Yeah it is fine. It their new security procedure. You should have received a letter and email about it.

Soldato
OP
Yeah it is fine. It their new security procedure. You should have received a letter and email about it.

Oh, I've had the new security system for a few weeks now, and I've been using it fine, its all set up. But when it goes to that screen (after initial username and password entry) it asks me to enter my memorable information in full :/

Soldato
when i changed over to the new system, i had to put in my 3 parts of the password, it then asked me for additional info once i think, like youve got. i dont get it every time though

Soldato
I find the new system frustrating at times. You can choose not to switch but then it forces you when you revisit.
I would prefer it if they simply forced you to change your password every so often aswell as doing that integrity check you get with msn (strong / weak password)

Back
Top Bottom