Broken yale lock - won't 'snap' back in.

Soldato
My friend somehow managed to break my front door lock on Wednesday.

The lock bit doesn't snap back into the hole, as it should, after you twist the handle thing.

I've cracked it open and determined that a stuck part was one cause of the problem. I've whacked it with a hammer and applied some grease to fix that.

Problem still remains though. I assume it's because the spring isn't under tension. No idea where the spring should sit though. OK, I reckon the spring should sit on the black rectangle (the smaller one) as that slides and thus it'll keep the tension. Though I can't figure out how it should sit. There is a picture of the spring below as I understand some of you aren't trained in CAD and thus may not be able to cipher my wonderful drawing.

Here's a technical schematic of my lock.

mylock.png

Here's a picture of the spring:
springd.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I read the words Technical Schematic and luckily for me the picture didn't load for a good 4 or 5 seconds after, and I was expecting something so amazingly intricate I cannot begin to explain how TECHNICAL this schematic was. Then the picture loaded, and I spat coke over my keyboard... cheers.

Sadly like most others, I've got no answer to your problem!

Bar

Bar

Soldato
A picture of the lock mechanism would help significantly - there will be small notches that the spring will use to keep it under tension - upload a picture and we might be able to help more.

Man of Honour
Of course, I’m unaware of your circumstances, but you should be able to get a locksmith to supply and fit a Yale lock or deadbolt for between £125 and £180, if you’re worried about going out, get someone you know and trust to wait in for the locksmith.
If they’re not rushed off their feet, they’ll probably do it the day you call them.

Man of Honour
You bumped an eight year old thread just to post that crap?

If that’s very politely aimed my way, then first of all, hands up I DIDN’T check the date of the OP, my bad, (oh please, please, be one of those who hates Americanisms), and second of all, my post followed someone who’d posted 32 minutes before me, so no, I did not bump an eight year old thread, but I was damn close.

Back
Top Bottom