Cheapest BMW to insure?

Associate
I would love to grab a BMW when i upgrade early next year. The problem is the insurance.

Whats the cheapest, decent, used BMW for insurance, and what is the insurance group?

Thanks

Soldato
OP, we'll need some more information off you if were to give accurate advice :). You looking for a 5 series? 3 series? how much to spend? What model year are you looking at? Need to be fast? Good cruiser? Good on the back roads? Spacious? 4 doors? Running costs an issue? If so, how much of an issue? how old are you? any NCB?

Soldato
I agree with Morba, you simply can't afford a BMW at the moment. Insurance will probably be 600-1000 depending on what you go for, which leaves £800 for the car, which will, quite simply get you a shed with a tatty BMW badge on it.

Associate
OP
3 series, age above, budget above, mixed motorway & city, dont need a super car but good acceleration is nice. Good cruiser @ 80 for the motorway but not vital, only do 50 mile trips most of the time. Usually only myself driving, occasionaly a passenger. Running costs not vital, my current car eats fuel like there is no tomorrow. Obviously good mpg & cheap servicing costs are a bonus, but not the end of the world.

Insurance is key. 5 years, 2 years NCB. Pay £600 now, wouldn't want to go much higher.

£2000 is just for the car! Insurance costs are seperate.

Caporegime
3 series, age above, budget above, mixed motorway & city, dont need a super car but good acceleration is nice. Good cruiser @ 80 for the motorway but not vital, only do 50 mile trips most of the time. Usually only myself driving, occasionaly a passenger. Running costs not vital, my current car eats fuel like there is no tomorrow. Obviously good mpg & cheap servicing costs are a bonus, but not the end of the world.

Insurance is key. 5 years, 2 years NCB. Pay £600 now, wouldn't want to go much higher.

£2000 is just for the car! Insurance costs are seperate.

So you have £2600?

can get 328i sports or 318iS for under £2k, you will have to do some quotes to see what insurance is like

Soldato
Can you actually afford the running cost sof an old BMW? I.E Servicing and repair costs that in a car as old as a 2k BMW is likely to be?

I suggest you do some homework first, then go and buy something like a Ford mondeo and save up for a BMW :)

Back
Top Bottom