Error 19 Pioneer Head Unit

Associate
Hello.

Ive recently swapped from the iPhone 4s to the htc one.

When I plug the htc into the usb port on the head unit it says Error 19 yet on the box for the head unit it says "Ipod/Iphone/Android"

Just seems a pain plugging the phone in via usb to charge it then aux cable for the data/music

Any advice?

Cheers.

Caporegime
I have a Sony headunit which also says "Ipod/Iphone/Android" on the box.

I have tried it with 3 or 4 android phones, using stock and third party apps, and it never works. It just beeps at me and says "no support" on the screen.

Associate
OP
I have a Sony headunit which also says "Ipod/Iphone/Android" on the box.

I have tried it with 3 or 4 android phones, using stock and third party apps, and it never works. It just beeps at me and says "no support" on the screen.

Ahh. I do have a ipod which I just use in the car so ile stick to that method I think then :/

I have heard some head units work fine with android via usb and others don't even though most say they do

Caporegime
Android sucks so badly.

The headunits claim to support it, and it doesn't work. I don't think it is an issue with Android, rather with the headunits. Plenty of other devices work well with Android.

Ahh. I do have a ipod which I just use in the car so ile stick to that method I think then :/

I have heard some head units work fine with android via usb and others don't even though most say they do

This is what I ended up doing. I got an old iPod classic and stuck it in the car as a permanent fixture.

In fairness my Sony is a cheapy one, but even so I would expect it to work as advertised.

I can plug my phone in via aux, but then if I get seen flicking to another track using my phone at the lights, I could be in a whole world of trouble. Whereas pressing the "next" button on the headunit would be fine.

Perhaps there is some app we need to install, or some feature in the Android settings we need to enable? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
It's the stupid android MTP thing, Android now has to verify every single piece of crap to make sure it isn't being hacked or something while plugged into a USB header

Caporegime
The headunits claim to support it, and it doesn't work. I don't think it is an issue with Android, rather with the headunits. Plenty of other devices work well with Android.

It's because of the implementation, some devices can stream audio via usb, others don't, some use MTP, others want to work as mass storage devices.

I have an android that constantly got the error 19. I could pop the radio out and push it back in. It would eventually work and plat music. Most recently, it was glitching out no matter what. Always an error 19, bit i fixed it. Maybe you're radio's settings will differ based on what it is used to, because i only had android options, no ipod or iphone options.

So i went to the menu. Make sure nothing is plugged in, hold the volume control down, scroll to system > android wired (or you're eqivalent)

There's p, app auto. Usb auto. Clock set. 12h/24h. Info display. Aux. And android wired on mine.

So i hope you have an option for your ipod. If not, try this anyway. Change it from memory to app control.

That fixed my problem.

Hope you can figure it out or anyone that stumbles upon this later sees and can figure it out based on this.

Hope it is helpful ^^

Back
Top Bottom