How do I connect to my O2 wireless box

Associate
OK, so it's been a while since I messed with this sort of stuff so forgive me if I've missed something glaringly obvious...

I had to do a factory reset of my O2 wireless box II because I couldn't wirelessly connect to my network, but now I've been left with WEP security and the password that came on the box. I want to change both these but can't aceess the router to change the settings.

I go here http://192.168.1.254 as stated in the help guide then get asked for username and password but no mater what I try it won't let me in. I've tried my SSID and password that are on my router and I've tried that SuperUser and it's password but neither let me in.

Has anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks but neither of those are getting me anywhere.

Do i need to be connected to the router via cable or should this work wirelessly?

Associate
OP
Wirelessly, have you done a rest of the router? (Pushed a pin into the hole on the back of the router for 5 seconds and released?)

Yeah, I did that which is why I want to change my security and password. The sticker on the bottom of my router says username is administrator and password is left blank but that doesn't do anything either.

Associate
The username is administrator and the password will be the serial number on the bottom of the router.

They were all reset a year or so ago because of a security vulnerability.

Associate
OP
The username is administrator and the password will be the serial number on the bottom of the router.

They were all reset a year or so ago because of a security vulnerability.

Yay... winner! Thanks

How come the SuperUser didn't work though? Is that not current anymore?

Back
Top Bottom