Is it safe to wire in a dishwasher which came with an EU plug?

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm after a little help.

I had a new dishwasher delivered this morning which has an EU plug attached to it, see below:

Kz8Fvrk.jpg

The issue I have is that I need to wire the cord directly in to a blanked electrical socket which sits under the kitchen worktop, right behind the gap for the dishwasher. Obviously, this cord isn't going to have a ground connection - is that still safe? I had hoped it would be a simple job of remove the old dishwasher and put this one exactly in its place.

Upon googling I've found pages that say it's fine to wire in without the earth, others that say I may get static shocks, and others saying it's completely illegal for the appliance to be delivered without a UK spec 3 pin plug. At the moment I'm a bit confused, can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Why will it not have a ground connection? The EU plug you show has 3 pins including an earth the same as ours do.....:)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The top bit is the earth, the cable inside will be 3 core the same as you'd get here :)

Thats what it slots into in europe and a better picture of the plug, the earth pins are there top and bottom so that the plug can go in either way up...

HPQOOsk.jpg 0VMq1zF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom