suzuki vitara - carb issues.. meant to be EFI?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
hi. anyone on here know suzukis well? Got a vitara here on an L plate. Having problems with it.

It'll run for a minute or two and then stop. Then it won't restart other than a split second cough. If you leave it a bit, then try - it'll fire up.

So we've looked up the workshop manual for it, and found its meant to have EFI.

but here is what is in the engine bay;

engine.jpg

carb_side.jpg

carb.jpg

i'm not really sure what to do with carbs, i'm EFI kind of person so this is all alien to me. Have tried opening the auto choke butterfly to see what happens there, and nothing changed much.

Any suggestions, or even help working out why this car has this engine in it and why it hasnt got EFI!!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It's a pretty standard conversion for a Vit probably down to the EFI unit failing & the SU being a cheaper replacment. You can also tweak them yourself easily getting better performance & better MPG.
Probably blocked jets.
Like SB says join Difflock, What the guys don't know about Suzukis on Difflock is not worth knowing.

Last edited:
Soldato
SU is a nightmare transplant, getting the vacuum takeoff before and after the needle etc is a pain as the standard carb mounts never seem to point in the right dirrection.

Brilliant once it's working, but a ballache to get there!

Back
Top Bottom