VW polo fuse help

Associate
My charging unit (ciggy lighter) has stopped working, this I think maybe due to a penny found in the bottom, forums suggest a blown fuse but the fuse looks fine, has anyone any ideas? Have also tried different charging units but they are all dead in mine but work fine in other cars.
Thanks in advance
2008 match

2eoh2ep.jpg

red 10 right near bottom is the fuse for the unit

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It doesn't say in the manual, there is no card in panel with fuses, and it had been working for over a year with the 10 amp, a lot are saying to use 15 amp. I have lost the fuse now anyway it fell into hole when trying to put it back, any ideas what may happen if I put a 15amp in? I know nothing much about cars, just learning.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, will check it out tomorrow. Have also read there maybe a fuse behind the lighter itself will find that out when I take it pieces tomorrow. If all else fails will get a replacement unit and see if that works. Just seems funny that a penny was in it when it stopped working which suggests a blown fuse.

Soldato
It doesn't say in the manual, there is no card in panel with fuses, and it had been working for over a year with the 10 amp, a lot are saying to use 15 amp. I have lost the fuse now anyway it fell into hole when trying to put it back, any ideas what may happen if I put a 15amp in? I know nothing much about cars, just learning.

I would have said absolutely not. The purpose of a fuse is to be the weak point of a circuit, so if anything goes wrong, it fails. If you up the fuse rating, then maybe something else is the weak point - and maybe that weak point bursts into flames when it fails!

But:

Given that information, go for it!

Associate
Hi there, Just reading through this thread and I have the same problem with the above.

I have looked at the red fuse and it is all good, what was the other yellow fuse that people changed that fixed the problem? :D

Back
Top Bottom