Twins separated at birth end up getting married

Soldato
We were discussing this in the office when I asked one of the lads, "So, if you found out your wife was actually your sister, would you still, you know, doink her?" to which he replied, "Why not, it's not like I've grown up with her!". :eek:

Anyone else feel the same way?

Soldato
We were discussing this in the office when I asked one of the lads, "So, if you found out your wife was actually your sister, would you still, you know, doink her?" to which he replied, "Why not, it's not like I've grown up with her!". :eek:

Yeah I think so, so long as you don't have kids together

Soldato
I just puked in my bin. Thats got to be harsh. A friend of mine found out that his mums dad and his dads mum were related and they married through accident. That makes my mates dad his second cousin I think. He was traumatised, although I think it was the merciless mickey taking he received for years after that sent him over the edge.

Soldato

Well, they've obviously fallen in love as 'normal' people - they never knew that they were related. So I don't see any problem there. If they had known, then yeah...something's up, lol.

If they were to continue, they should consider adoption rather than conception. I'd put money that it would be social and legal boundaries that'll stop them staying together rather than the genetic, as that can be overcome (as above: adoption) which is a shame because they could be perfect for each other.

If I was in their position, I would probably still aim to be with the other person. But that's probably because I'm hopeless and awkward and desperate for love. :p

Soldato
I just puked in my bin. Thats got to be harsh. A friend of mine found out that his mums dad and his dads mum were related and they married through accident. That makes my mates dad his second cousin I think. He was traumatised, although I think it was the merciless mickey taking he received for years after that sent him over the edge.
Cousins are "allowed" to marry though. Might just be that the genes are different enough that it's safer.

My grandfather and his brother married my grandmother and her cousin - it makes for lots of mangled-sounding relatives but really there's nothing dodgy there at all...

Caporegime
Yeah ignorance is bliss until children come along - people joke but there really is a reason why siblings shouldn't have children, if there any one tiny thing wrong with a family's gene then a person made out of two copies of the same WILL have troubles relating to it. You massively avoid that possibility by mixing the DNA strands up a bit...

To be fair, most dna in the human body doesn't do anything, and most mutations are substutions which quite often don't do anything because it ends up coding for the same amino acid anyway.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's a shame that they've been forced to separate.

Yeah, I agree. In for a penny, in for a pound. They'd already married, so what's the point of trying to undo something after it's too late?

I think if it were me, I would want to continue as man & wife and the two of us just try to get over the revelation. Hopefully my sister would still covet my body. :D

Soldato
that is really sad i think. :(

does make you wonder how many people are currently married and related in similar ways as records have never been brilliant where the governments concerned. especially 30 or 40 years ago when i suppose records were more limited.

Back
Top Bottom