Parking ticket. How can I check when I sold my car?

Associate
I just got a parking ticket through the post dated 09/08/2007 for a car I sold last year.

Only problem is I can't remember when I sold the car.

I don't know why it took nearly a year for them to send me the letter and if I have any get out because of the time it took to send me the letter.

Anyway, is there a website I can view when I changed keeper on the car?

Thanks!

Soldato
I just got a parking ticket through the post dated 09/08/2007 for a car I sold last year.

Only problem is I can't remember when I sold the car.

I don't know why it took nearly a year for them to send me the letter and if I have any get out because of the time it took to send me the letter.

Anyway, is there a website I can view when I changed keeper on the car?

Thanks!
you can hpi the car that will show when the current owner bought the car

Associate
OP
Yeah, only problem Is I can't remember that far back and I've moved house twice
since so no idea where it would be if I had it.

Doh !.

Any ideas ?

Man of Honour
If its a private company write back to them informing them that as the registered keeper at the time you are under no legal obligation to inform them who was driving the car, and that their implied contract is with the driver not the RK.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;11548610 said:
If its a private company write back to them informing them that as the registered keeper at the time you are under no legal obligation to inform them who was driving the car, and that their implied contract is with the driver not the RK.

I take it if you try that with the council they send a guy round to break your legs?

Man of Honour
I take it if you try that with the council they send a guy round to break your legs?

The Council is different - under the terms of the Road Traffic Act you are legally obliged to provide details of the driver of a car to a council appointed official or a police officer.

But NOBODY else.

Back
Top Bottom