Ebay help

Associate
Right,

I bought somat for 205 euros on ebay. Add 10 euros on top for postage and 10 euros for some service charge I owe 225 euros or about £180.

This was for a gig ticket.

Now I got lucky and managed to pick one up for £90 so I don't want the above ticket obviously.

Now I'm facing an ebay ban because the bloke that's selling it too me has ignored emails from me when I've been trying to get bank account details in order to pay him (before I got the other ticket) and it has been a month since I bought the ticket.

Obviously I don't want it now so does this email sound ok?

Dear sir/bloke/etc,

I'm sorry for the hassle with this ebay listing but I have been having problems sending the money with my bank, I also need your account name which I emailed you about yet received no reply. Unfortunatly I am going away on holiday for two weeks as off tomorrow so shall be unable to pay for the item. Moreover, I no longer require the item in the listing and due to your lack of communication will not be purchasing the item.

I'm sorry once again for the hassle caused

Yours sincerely
Me

Does this sound alright and has anyone else faced the buying ban thing that ebay has?

Cheers

Associate
You won't get banned, you will have a neg against you for not paying, and a warning from ebay. I would prefer that than to pay for the item you no longer require.

But, it is out of over to bid for an item and not pay (even though you tried to). He might not be able to sell it now. Hopefully though he can do a second chance to the person below you if there is one.

The outcome won't be pretty either way.

Associate
You just get an unpaid item strike and neg feedback thats all.

Dont worry about it.

If you have no morals don't worry :).

Wasted the sellers time and fees though he should get them refunded (might take a while though), and he will have to relist and hope it sells again.

Soldato
Email him. Otherwise it's just downright rude.

I "sold" tickets on ebay the other week. The 19 year old from Devon didn't pay or email me. Costing me 2 weeks before I could relist the item.

It's rather stupid to **** people off when they know where you live. Not that I would do anything, I'm a girl.

Back
Top Bottom