WW1 Movies?

Soldato
Has anyone seen, or could recommend any good movies based on and around the Great War? I personally don't recall having seen any in the past. Other than the odd, little BBC produced documentary dramas.

Soldato
legends of the fall, is set during the WW1. Although the whole film isn't about the war, there is some decent parts in it that show the war.

By the way, can someone name a film for me, seeing as we're on the subject of war films. I've been trying to name this one for a years, only saw it once but really liked it. It's about a guy travelling in time back to the war (I think). Sorry if I can't be more descriptive I only have very little memory of it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll need to pick up a couple of these on DVD..

We've all seen the big ww2 movies, like Saving Private Ryan for example. Yet I fail to see such large epic movies based on ww1 in modern cinema. Not that I've heard of anyway.

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll need to pick up a couple of these on DVD..

We've all seen the big ww2 movies, like Saving Private Ryan for example. Yet I fail to see such large epic movies based on ww1 in modern cinema. Not that I've heard of anyway.

There are no Hollywood WW1 epics because America was late to the party. The only thing they could do I suppose is make some grand sweeping tale of war profiteering...

Back
Top Bottom